• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Wanting to buy Aqua Illumination Hydra 52 HD only want one

leronidas7318

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really need to buy a Ai Hydra 52 HD only need one as i won 1 on a bidding war on eBay by accident (Happy accident) even though i am havening to pay for a common repair seems only the Moss chip was burnt awesome news for me seeing as i got it packed with an Ai director for only $305 so i basically got a 52 hd for $150. I currently own the Non HD 52 lights 3 of them with 2 directors only 1 working thanks to my local friend whom is a great electronics repair shop owner who was able to figure out how to fix the blue tooth module so i can detect my lights cause updating the firmware didn't fix the issue i told him maybe it was the Bluetooth mod. and sure, enough whatever he did fixed it , the AI controller has a similar issue of not detecting lights via Bluetooth so going to try to fix it the same way will keep you updated on how that goes either way i have fully working Ai 52 non hd director combo above my tank as of last night however i want to upgrade the to the Lux Pucks someday and i hear the best one to do it on is the Ai 52 HD's and since i already own 1 i am only in need of 1 more" (FYI the pucks can go with non hd director combos experimentally) See attached pix "though because of Bluetooth to Wi-Fi connections via that setup is slow to respond and the 52 +HD is way better with the lux pucks and is of course what they were designed for use with " Prime , 26 , and 52 HD versions" (LUX Engine presently supports all Prime HDs, Hydra 26HDs, and Hydra 52HDs. Technically, Non-HD lights can also be upgraded, however their slow dimming and variations in power distribution makes it difficult to guarantee spectral output with our verified presets. Thus, we recommend installing these in HD lights. LUX Engine does not support recessed lens 16-multiple light fixtures (16HD, 32HD, and 64HD). copied from site faq i am not paid to do this i just am excited and sharing is all.

Lux Puck 1.jpg Lux Puck 2.jpg

OP
OP
L

leronidas7318

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the hd 52 basically has a built in Wi-Fi system while the non hd implements blue tooth connector in the lights and in the Ai Director and and the blue tooth acts kinda like a bus for the Ai Directors wi-fi internet connection the director has a optional wi-fi dongle though it is faster and better to have in connected to your internet via Ethernet cable connection cause the 52 hds were the one of the first Ai-fi lights I believe might want to ask Ai

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back