• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Wanting to buy uncommon Non-photosynthetics

zeszes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a few in particular I'm looking to get my hands on, mainly the ones that don't really have any color at all,

Rhyzotrochus
Truncatoflabellum Veroni (i could be butchering the spelling)
Phyllangia Americana (hidden cup coral)
any kind of wire coral
I'm all ears if you can think of any other types you think I may like that I didn't name
and really any of the stony NPS's that hitchhike on the tampa live rock
I would just order some myself but I really don't want to have to order 200$ of rocks for a roll of the dice at getting these coral, especially since I don't even know where I'd put the minimum of 10lbs most of the sites require you to order
for rhyzo's I've seen them at my lfs before but way over priced, and I don't really care to drop $5k on one.

I already have dendro's and tubastreas, dendronepthya, chilli coral, and Balanophyllia as well as a northern star polyp.

I'm down for shipping but local pickup would be great if any of you are in the NYC or long island area

Last edited:

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rhizotrochus are actually illegal to import into the US so the ones you're seeing must've somehow made their way through the chain which explains why they're so expensive.
Same with Wire Coral (at least for Cirrhipathes spiralis) , they've been CITES listed in the past few years so they're not able to be imported in the US unfortunately, they're still available in Europe and Asia though

Quality Marine has some Truncatoflabellum Veroni though, I asked my LFS and they're going for about 400 (450 with tax for me) so you could try and see if an LFS will order one in for you. Lifeofacoral on Instagram used to sell Phyllangia Americana along with other Sun Corals, but he moved and is still setting up his operation again though I believe he mentioned starting back up next year so he might be someone you wanna reach out to regarding the Hidden Cups

OP
OP
zeszes

zeszes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rhizotrochus are actually illegal to import into the US so the ones you're seeing must've somehow made their way through the chain which explains why they're so expensive.
Same with Wire Coral (at least for Cirrhipathes spiralis) , they've been CITES listed in the past few years so they're not able to be imported in the US unfortunately, they're still available in Europe and Asia though

Quality Marine has some Truncatoflabellum Veroni though, I asked my LFS and they're going for about 400 (450 with tax for me) so you could try and see if an LFS will order one in for you. Lifeofacoral on Instagram used to sell Phyllangia Americana along with other Sun Corals, but he moved and is still setting up his operation again though I believe he mentioned starting back up next year so he might be someone you wanna reach out to regarding the Hidden Cups
thats super useful on trying to get truncatoflabellum veroni and phyllangia, for sure, I have no problem being patient till he has his operation up and running again, regarding Rhizo and wire coral, I've seen wire in the states before (before I knew what I wanted or what I was doing) and to my understanding they get int by calling themselves spiral gorgonians and sometimes pass through that way, I actually found an LFS that gets them here from a local that grows them out so I'm kinda just waiting on their yearly supply from him, Rhizo I know gets false labled as elegance a lot of the times because their skeletons aren't too dissimilar and they slip through from time to time. If i'm lucky and somebody is getting rid of one or somebody knows where to get them, thats more so what I'm looking for. I appreciate the help though!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back