Wanting to get a snowflake moray eel

Trustyworm

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2024
Messages
94
Reaction score
21
Location
San Jose
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning on getting a 75 gallon tank for a snowflake moray eel. But I don't have space for a sump. Can I just use a fluvial canister? I heard eels are messy eaters, so I also plan on putting a hang on the back skimmer.
 
I am planning on getting a 75 gallon tank for a snowflake moray eel. But I don't have space for a sump. Can I just use a fluvial canister? I heard eels are messy eaters, so I also plan on putting a hang on the back skimmer.
Also, is using regular distilled water from the store good enough to fill the tank up? I don't have a rodi system, but I do have a ro system that will produce enough water to fill the tank back up for a water change.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new