Watch as my Black Widow BTA splits before your eyes!!!

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome video! Nature at its finest! If you’re trying to view this from an iPhone, press and hold (force touch) the video link and select download linked file. Once downloaded, you can view it. :)

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#MODS Is anyone looking into the video coding thing? I know lots of folks have the problem but haven’t seen anyone mention it being looked into.
It's not a problem we can really fix, as it comes down to what format and file type people use to record their video. If someone has an iPhone, for example, and records in an apple format, the video will upload fine to the site, but it will only playback properly in a safari browser.
The only solution is to encourage or stress the need for everyone to use universal formats.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not a problem we can really fix, as it comes down to what format and file type people use to record their video. If someone has an iPhone, for example, and records in an apple format, the video will upload fine to the site, but it will only playback properly in a safari browser.
The only solution is to encourage or stress the need for everyone to use universal formats.
Mostly makes sense but in this case and its happened to me too where I cant view my own upload from the very device used to make the recording. Oh well, Holding to download is a good trick as mentioned above, just need to remember to delete afterwards.

OP
OP
Garin fisher

Garin fisher

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you know it was going to split? I'm trying to work out how you had a camera on it at the exact right time to capture the whole thing.

It's amazing to me that they can do that!

Beautiful BTA BTW
Thank you for the kind words I’ve had about 17 nems split from one, I guess I just knew what I was looking for. He was on a rock with all of the other and hopped off to go run laps in the tank, one of the first signs. He got really long and stretchy looking so I just wiped out the phone, through it on the black box and waited! Right place, right time!:)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That was VERY COOL !!!!
1572972966916.png

Eye H8 Empty V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome video! How do I get one when I'm ready?

If you're on a phone you wont be able to watch it because it's an attached file (MOV) not en embedded video. When you click on the link it downloads to your computer for playback in a program like VLC or Windows Media Player.

I just uploaded it to YouTube for you, if that's okay. It's always better to ask for forgiveness than permission right? :cool:

OP
OP
Garin fisher

Garin fisher

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome video! How do I get one when I'm ready?

If you're on a phone you wont be able to watch it because it's an attached file (MOV) not en embedded video. When you click on the link it downloads to your computer for playback in a program like VLC or Windows Media Player.

I just uploaded it to YouTube for you, if that's okay. It's always better to ask for forgiveness than permission right? :cool:

I appreciate the credit in the video title! Thanks for all the info! I’d love to start posting more as I’m obviously doing something right lol. I just had 3 more split this last week! Where do you like? I like to deliver but I’m not opposed to shipping!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.4%
Back