Watchman Goby Pairing

Bixby'sMenagerie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after having little luck finding a bonded pair of larger shrimp gobies, I've decided to try something else. Assuming my Tiger Pistol was dead (hadn't heard him snap in months, didn't see him when i redid the rockwork) I tossed a smallish (3") pink spot in the tank. He dissappeared overnight, so I looked under the tank the next day to do a small WC and there he was with my (now quite large) shrimp.
So my current options are either
Toss in another pink spot and hope they pair
If they dont pair give the new pink spot a shrimp as well. The old one has never extended his tunnel system past the first foot of the tank.
Just do a different species with shrimp on the other wnd of the tank.
Tank is a sumped 120 4x2x2
Comments, suggestions, concerns?

20230109_190737.jpg 20230104_110338.jpg

OP
OP
Bixby'sMenagerie

Bixby'sMenagerie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the goby and (resurrected) tiger shrimp paired up, yes?
Oh yes they found each other overnight. Apparently the shrimp just only builds his burrow as big as needed. He has since expanded back to what he used to have with the goby I bought him with. That one went carpet surfing though and ive since upgraded lids.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yes they found each other overnight. Apparently the shrimp just only builds his burrow as big as needed. He has since expanded back to what he used to have with the goby I bought him with. That one went carpet surfing though and ive since upgraded lids.
Well, they seem happy...

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. The maybe stage happens next. Either find another pinkspot and see how they get along, or just do a seperate species on the other side of the tank. Probly something smaller. Like Yasha or false dracula.
Or just content yourself with the shrimp/goby pair.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back