Watchman Goby

  • Thread starter Thread starter gsw0716
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gsw0716

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2024
Messages
269
Reaction score
119
Location
Fairfield, ca
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a Watchman and Pistol for about 3 months now. Watchman has always been active, coming out from his cave, not shy at all. The last week or so, I've noticed him not coming out to eat, I think I've only seen him come out to eat once. When I peak into his cave, I can see him looking out still, the Pistol is fine, but I'm a bit concerned about the lack of eating. Should I try to spot feed him or just let him be for now?

I usually feed my fish on a daily rotation

Arcti pods
Frozen mysis
Flakes
Mysis mixed with frozen greens.
 
I've had a Watchman and Pistol for about 3 months now. Watchman has always been active, coming out from his cave, not shy at all. The last week or so, I've noticed him not coming out to eat, I think I've only seen him come out to eat once. When I peak into his cave, I can see him looking out still, the Pistol is fine, but I'm a bit concerned about the lack of eating. Should I try to spot feed him or just let him be for now?

I usually feed my fish on a daily rotation

Arcti pods
Frozen mysis
Flakes
Mysis mixed with frozen greens.
I change nothing.
Could he snack in his spot?
Any new friends?
Any change in aqua scape?
 
I change nothing.
Could he snack in his spot?
Any new friends?
Any change in aqua scape?

I havent changed anything aquascape wise, I did add a tailspot blenny a few weeks ago,but that dude is as cool as can be and got along with my watchman. Do watchman gobies sometimes become reclusive? He usually comes out to eat when I feed them but hasn't lately , but i imagine some food particles make it down to his cave. Would it be a cause for concern if his pistol buddy starts coming out more for food instead of the watchman?
 
Finally he's out.
 

Attachments

  • 20250722_190542.jpg
    20250722_190542.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 41
Awesome!!
 
Now, can I get him to eat. Lol
Well it's a great thing that he came out!

Try to offer him a bit of food from your tongs or trusted turkey baster 🙂
 
Well it's a great thing that he came out!

Try to offer him a bit of food from your tongs or trusted turkey baster 🙂
I will tomorrow if he comes out. I was going to earlier, but I had already fed my other fish and I'm working on reducing my nitrates. Really hoping he comes out tomorrow. Not ready to lose a fish right now lol.
 
Glad he is out and about!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new