Water box 45.2 Sps tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter No nick
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

No nick

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2019
Messages
80
Reaction score
17
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have the tank up and running for exactly 30 days without lights or anything. I used fritz turbo start and have a clown fish, six line wrasse and one yellow tang.
My question is if I put Sps in the tank will they survive? (rr angry birds, rr Rainbow splice, rr jaw dropper, and 12 head HG Torch). tomorrow I will be adding apex, trident, skimmer, t5/radeon xr15 g4, clear water algea scrubber. will all this be sufficient enough to keep the Sps alive even though its only a month old?
 
Yeah, they’ll survive, how long is the question? I guess you like wasting money?
 
I would guess something hardy and simple would do fine but if I put thoes money frags into a tank like that I am sure I would regret it. Honestly I would run the tank with lights for a month before you put acros in there. I have seen people build small tanks quick that grow out nice but that takes some experience and smarts to do well. I would bet most failed their first attempt.
 
Why, though? Having frags die sucks. I’d definitely wait if possible.

Is this a dry rock set up?
 
Why, though? Having frags die sucks. I’d definitely wait if possible.

Is this a dry rock set up?
its man made rock that was cycled in someones tank for a few weeks but that system is years old
 
its man made rock that was cycled in someones tank for a few weeks but that system is years old
Better than nothing for sure but I agree with the others. LPS should do fine but I would test out some cheaper acros first if it was my tank.
 
its man made rock that was cycled in someones tank for a few weeks but that system is years old
Honestly, it really depends how experienced you are. If you’re asking ”am I ready” or what have you, I’d assume no, so don’t go killing off expensive pieces; for what?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new