Water box cube 20 sps dominated

boxgj

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I’m thinking about starting my first small nano reef tank with sps. I also have a 50 gallon that I’m going to make sps dominated but I plan on putting that tank in my livingroom but I’m in process of getting things remodeled and re decorated so I figure let me start my waterbox 20 cube up in my bedroom. I just need some advice about a few things. Here is the list of gear I have
Water box cube 20 (tank)
2 Ecotech mp10 power heads for flow
Xr 15 pro for the sps
Eheim heaters with inkbird controller
Neptune apex jr
Ice cap k1 nano skimmer
Intank media basket 1 that will be filled with filter floss on top, chemipure blue in the middle and seachem matrix on the bottom
Jebao dcs 1200 return pump dc controllable
Carib sea Fiji pink sand
Caribsea rock
6 starve brs rodi filter
now Im going to do a fish less cycle with 20 gallons of natural seawater I brought from my LFS with dr Tim’s bacteria and ammonia
I was wondering should I continue with instant ocean salt or just go straight with ESV bionic salt when I do my first water change after the cycle and going forward…
Also should I start dosing right away?
how much percentage water changes every week?
man’s when I start dosing should I use all for reef or 2 part bionic?
You’re help would be greatly appreciated

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salt you could do either or (personal preference). I would not start dosing right away, no. Cycle the tank, make sure you're happy with the lighting and flow and ensure you have stable water parameters (with regular testing) before adding any SPS corals.

A good rule is around 10% every 1-2 weeks for water changes (but this also depends on your tank and personal preference). You may find that with a smaller tank and water changes that you don't need to dose as much or as often.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back