Water change pump/tubing question

Psychedelic Fins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have approximately 70 feet between my water station and my tank. I bought some 1/2 inch pex tubing that I unwind to do my water changes. It's too rigid and is a pain to work with. What is a better option? Also what gph pump do you all use? I have to pump the water up 5 feet to the display tank. My current pump is too weak and it takes way too long. Thanks.

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Malcontent. Is it easy to unwind and use? The Pex tubing I use is way too rigid and won't straighten out.

Yes, it's very easy to handle while also very difficult to kink. Winding the tubing using this method is ideal since it doesn't put a twist in the tubing.

I have some 1/2" PEX for future plumbing projects and it doesn't even compare. PEX is really meant for permanent installation.

OP
OP
Psychedelic Fins

Psychedelic Fins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it's very easy to handle while also very difficult to kink. Winding the tubing using this method is ideal since it doesn't put a twist in the tubing.

I have some 1/2" PEX for future plumbing projects and it doesn't even compare. PEX is really meant for permanent installation.
Such a simple solution. Thanks! All my cords and hoses will be wound in this manner moving forward.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.8%
Back