Water change pump/tubing question

Psychedelic Fins

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2020
Messages
100
Reaction score
136
Location
Plant City
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have approximately 70 feet between my water station and my tank. I bought some 1/2 inch pex tubing that I unwind to do my water changes. It's too rigid and is a pain to work with. What is a better option? Also what gph pump do you all use? I have to pump the water up 5 feet to the display tank. My current pump is too weak and it takes way too long. Thanks.
 
Thanks Malcontent. Is it easy to unwind and use? The Pex tubing I use is way too rigid and won't straighten out.

Yes, it's very easy to handle while also very difficult to kink. Winding the tubing using this method is ideal since it doesn't put a twist in the tubing.

I have some 1/2" PEX for future plumbing projects and it doesn't even compare. PEX is really meant for permanent installation.
 
Yes, it's very easy to handle while also very difficult to kink. Winding the tubing using this method is ideal since it doesn't put a twist in the tubing.

I have some 1/2" PEX for future plumbing projects and it doesn't even compare. PEX is really meant for permanent installation.
Such a simple solution. Thanks! All my cords and hoses will be wound in this manner moving forward.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new