Water change with copepods

  • Thread starter Thread starter wesleyjada
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

wesleyjada

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2025
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I added copepods to my tank a couple weeks ago. I’m wondering if I should still do a water change? Will this get rid of too many copepods? I have a 14gal biocube. TIA!
 
You’ll be fine to do a regular W/C. I don’t think that’ll hurt the population. If you’re ever worried about it you can always get more. But in my experience a w/c won’t affect their numbers.
 
You’ll be fine to do a regular W/C. I don’t think that’ll hurt the population. If you’re ever worried about it you can always get more. But in my experience a w/c won’t affect their numbers.
Thank you!
 
no problem to do a WC. Plenty of them will have found a nice place to breed by now. Biggest part of the population is not free floating in the water column :)
 
WC is fine, but you might want to remove any mechanical filtration you may have. (sponges, foam etc)
If keeping micro fauna is a priority then having this type of filtration might be counter productive. GL
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new