Water changes, do you love them or hate them?

Laith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... Since changing to an AWC system my tanks look great 24/7 instead of looking just that little bit better after a large manual change.

I agree.

Funny enough, I've seen the same result since I installed my robot lawnmower (around 2014 or 15). Lawn looks great all the time as it's mowed frequently instead of only looking good for about two days after a weekly manual lawnmower cut! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Last edited:

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually look forward to doing it every weekend idk why. The mixing part is pretty easy, I already know how much I’m going to be changing for each tank and just prepare the exact amount in a large container. Then let the powerhead do the mixing, and I have already memorised the ratio of salt to water so the mixing is really easy.

BTimms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This topic comes up way too much. I don't water change unless there is an emergency. I dose and I do not want to remove anything from my water column and make it inconsistent. Also, I keep a higher PH and don't want a shift. I've been doing it like this since 2012 and its what works for my tank. You do you.
What do you dose? and how do you dose?

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consistent water changes has been a game changer in managing nutrient levels. I do, well my dos does, a 2% awc daily. Nutrient and alk levels have never been more stable. Even manual changes are easy due to a pump and long hose.

Back