Water changes

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I just have a quick question my new tank is around 125g total water volume and am building a mixing station right now for it . It will be 2 25g tanks plumbed as a Normal mixing station just need a pump to finish it . I have always done my water changes with 5g Pails and I take out as much as I mix up but with running the new mixed water from my mixing station to the tank how do you know how much your taking out and how much to add ? I just don’t want to add more or less then I take out

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a sump? On mine I have an auto top of sensor in the sump so remove whatever is in the sump or close to then add back in after up to the sensor.

If you’re taking it directly out of the tank can’t you just mark what the water level drops from and just fill back to that level?

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a sump? On mine I have an auto top of sensor in the sump so remove whatever is in the sump or close to then add back in after up to the sensor.

If you’re taking it directly out of the tank can’t you just mark what the water level drops from and just fill back to that level?
That’s exactly what I do. I know right where 50 gallons is on my display tank.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back