Water container for ATO? 150 gallons tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter DeadEnd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DeadEnd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2022
Messages
266
Reaction score
150
Location
Usa
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

I was wondering what people use to store water for their ATO systems? I was looking that they sell 10 gallon containers but I believe they are kind of small?
 
I use a 5 gallon bucket on my 200 gallon setup. I also have an RODI line ran to that bucket so it refills once a float sensor triggers when it gets low. So I am not really worried about getting the biggest container since I don’t manually refill.
 
I use a 5 gallon bucket on my 200 gallon setup. I also have an RODI line ran to that bucket so it refills once a float sensor triggers when it gets low. So I am not really worried about getting the biggest container since I don’t manually refill.
Aren't you afraid that it can stay on?
 
I use an Innovative Marine HydroFill glass ATO because it sits beside the tank and I wanted something that looked aesthetically pleasing.
I use the same thing I have 2 15 gallon ones one for SPS Reef Tank one for Seahorse tank and I have a 5 gallon one for the 50 gallon LPS tank
 
I use an Innovative Marine HydroFill glass ATO because it sits beside the tank and I wanted something that looked aesthetically pleasing.

I use the same thing I have 2 15 gallon ones one for SPS Reef Tank one for Seahorse tank and I have a 5 gallon one for the 50 gallon LPS tank

The 15 gallon looks like a solid option, does it come with wheels? Or is there an easy way to add them?
 
The 15 gallon looks like a solid option, does it come with wheels? Or is there an easy way to add them?
It doesn't - but you can get an optional flat base in white or black that sits under it to raise it up. It has a pull-out drawer with a notch that coincidentally just fits a 5-gallon water jug - so refilling when you use that is easy peasy lemon squeezy.
 
Aren't you afraid that it can stay on?
Not really. The float switch to turn it on has quite a few fail safes. I have a normally closed solenoid that is powered by my GHL power bar that has 2 sensors. Also the GHL power bar only give it power for 30-45 min and then shuts off. On top of that I have a manual float valve that will stop it from overflowing if it somehow does get stuck on. It’s probably overkill but I don’t want a leak.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new