water damaged 75g aquarium stand

  • Thread starter Thread starter xpusanx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

xpusanx

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2022
Messages
14
Reaction score
1
Location
Fairfax, VA
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I am fairly new to this hobby (4 months) and learning a lot from here.
I have this 75g aquarium and stand and been making some mistakes here and there, so this stand has some water damages. ATO hose fell from the sump and water also leaked from the pipette.
Is this going to be OK or do I need to do something? I am starting to worry about the stability of this stand.
2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 1.jpg
 
Bottom and sides look like it got pretty wet, particle board is crap to make a tank stand out of.
Id look to replace the stand for solid plywood if that’s you style or a metal frame with covers…

Last thing you want is the stand to collapse and you hear a big crash….
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new