Water Flow in 36g Bowfront

Thought about replacing mine with acrylic but haven't had any issues without it
 
I don't like my center brace either. Also, the lid that it cam with blocks almost all light so I think I'm gonna have to buy an all glass lid.
 
Yeah I bought a glass top for mine....woulda preferred a mesh top just to keep jumpers in but the glass is ok....they are about 30 bux
 
I'm going to order the brs mesh kit for mine, then cut a piece of 1/4 inch acrylic to fit the curved part, and add hinges to it so I can open it for feeding.
 
My lfs ordered it for me....would have made a mesh one but I'm not handy and the curve intimidated me lol....I don't imagine they would block much if any light a few small sticks and some twine could do the job I'm sure
 
I have an acrylic cutting blade for my table saw. Picked it up when I made my own acrylic frag racks. I plan on just taking my time on the curve. I'll order a big enough piece of acrylic in case I need to make a second one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new