Water flow!

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Comparability with what though?
CoralVue has announced the Gyre will be compatible with the Apex this summer. Instead of just having on/off control you will have similar control of the pump like other pumps now (Jebao, tunze and ecotech).

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? Where can I find that? I'll wait if that's true
Find what? It isn't available right now. There is a long thread in the Maxspect forum but I don't know the specific post number where he stated it. I asked specifically because it was a contradiction to what they said months prior but he reaffirmed they will have Apex compatibility with the Gyre.

OP
OP
A

alexnyc22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422558806.175238.jpg
haha found it! Thanks! Definitely an option!

gtbarsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 jebao Wp 25s in a 65 with the apex adapter from fish street and the programming is awesome a little difficult at first but I now have a calm night mode, a interchanging stream mode back and forth, and a random surge with a million options available. When feed mode comes on they turn off for 5 minutes then turn back on while the returns stay off for an hour and pick up any left over food from the floor. Sorry for the long post.
This is the setup you want with two 8s

No doubt that koralias would not cut it, the flow difference with the Jebao's is night and day.

OP
OP
A

alexnyc22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I connected my RW8's to my apex adapter and they're set to on. Every once in a while that I look and they are off. I have to go back into fusion and turn them off, then on, then back to Auto... Any ideas?

gtbarsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I connected my RW8's to my apex adapter and they're set to on. Every once in a while that I look and they are off. I have to go back into fusion and turn them off, then on, then back to Auto... Any ideas?

Is it possible the power level that APEX is sending them is below the minimum for them to start? I've not worked with these or an APEX but I understand that it is common with lights and pumps that there is a minimum % before they come on, frequently 10% or more.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back