Water level dropped in tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter bondno9
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bondno9

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2023
Messages
125
Reaction score
26
Location
new jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I turned my pump off to feed the fish and when I turned it back on I noticed it dropped significantly in water level. It’s supposed to be where the white line is. Really baffled to why this happened. I changed my filter floss as well so it’s not that. And nothing has leaked. Anyone know why this is happening?

IMG_5607.jpeg
 
If its not the filter floss being clogged, my next guess is that your ATO stopped working or your reservoir ran dry?
 
If its not the filter floss being clogged, my next guess is that your ATO stopped working or your reservoir ran dry?
So my ATO is not working at the moment. But there is no way the water level dropped from the white line to where it is in the pic over a few hours. That would take days to evaporate. I checked this morning around 11 am and the water line was around the white line.
 
Check for an obstruction in your filtration. Even a small snail can screw things up.
Only filtration I have is a filter floss. I replace it every 3-4 days. I replaced it today and still no change. Just weird to see that much water just disappear without a trace lol.
 
Is it that your filter new filter floss was dry and your old floss was holding water
 
I turned my pump off to feed the fish and when I turned it back on I noticed it dropped significantly in water level. It’s supposed to be where the white line is. Really baffled to why this happened. I changed my filter floss as well so it’s not that. And nothing has leaked. Anyone know why this is happening?

IMG_5607.jpeg
You have two avenues to explore: water is leaving the sump faster or water is entering the sump slower. If turning the pump off and on causes the problem, it might be the pump.
 
The water is in your display, sump, evaporated or is on the floor. Are you certain the water level was not that low when you turned off the pump and just didn't notice?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new