water mixing station containers

  • Thread starter Thread starter keithw283
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

keithw283

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2019
Messages
623
Reaction score
570
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to make a mixing station for my 180 build going in the basement. I found some of the uline food grade 55 gallon barrels online used for $15 a piece. They previously held canola oil, olive oil and sunflower oil. How would I go about cleaning these and also, do we think this would cause harm to the tank if any of those oils leached into the water?
 
$15, nice find! If I were you I'd use a pressure washer and dawn fish soap, then rinse thoroughly.
 
I have to agree with you there, for mixing barrels I'd definitely want removable lids for occasional cleaning. Good luck with the build!
 
unfortunately the lids don't come off so I'm gonna pass on them. Might just go the brute trash can route.
Brutes aren't cool like white tanks with colored pvc but they work. I have two 32g with float valves both connected to rodi one for filling ato reservoirs and one for mixing salt.
 
Brutes aren't cool like white tanks with colored pvc but they work. I have two 32g with float valves both connected to rodi one for filling ato reservoirs and one for mixing salt.
I work for a company that makes water softeners and RO units. You would think we would have a bunch of these tanks lying around but apparently not.
 
unfortunately the lids don't come off so I'm gonna pass on them. Might just go the brute trash can route.
I have done the brute trash can and the "cool" white container route in the past and both work equally well. I currently have the white tanks but feel the brute trash cans allowed for easier access and mixing of salt due to large opening. It all depends on how much aesthetics means to you
 
I have done the brute trash can and the "cool" white container route in the past and both work equally well. I currently have the white tanks but feel the brute trash cans allowed for easier access and mixing of salt due to large opening. It all depends on how much aesthetics means to you
since I can't find any of the vertical vats locally, I am just gonna go the Brute route. Not paying for freight just for something that's gonna be in the basement. (even though that's where I will be making the main living area once this is all set up)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new