Water parameters

moryan86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It says it’s a saltwater test kit but oh well
Anyhow thank you guys for the answers been banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out. What is a good test kit for saltwater is the Reed Sea kits good as I have one of those as well?

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyhow thank you guys for the answers been banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out. What is a good test kit for saltwater is the Reed Sea kits good as I have one of those as well?
Hannah testers are decent. I use them for everything except ammonia, nitrite calcium and magnesium. You can usually buy them used off the selling forum. The reagents aren’t too expensive after the initial cost of the testers. I’ve also found some tests recently at my LFS that I really like, maybe you can find them somewhere or online. I really like the NYOS test kits
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so my tank is over 3 months old and I have a red squirrel fish and an angel coral beauty fish along with some inverts and one hermit crab. I have no corals and live rocks with 80 lbs of live sand and no matter what my ammonia won’t drop below .25 ppm on my api master saltwater test kit but on my seachem alert test it shows there is <0.02 which is safe what can be the cause I change the water and feed sparingly see picture. I am at a complete loss as my nitrites stay at 0 all the time and my nitrates have hit 40 ppm before but after water changes it always goes down.
To actually answer the questions:
True, api is the bottom of the barrel test kit. Good for trends, not a hard number.
Ammonia is zero.
Nitrite is suppose to be zero. No problem found.
Nitrates looks in good order but a better test kit will give you a better number.

It would serve you better if you started your own thread next time instead of hijacking someone else's. You may get a better audience answering a thread you started.

Happy Reefing

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back