Water Saver for a 90 GPD RODI?

PopBot16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Spectrapure MaxCap 90 GPD RODI that I've been using for several years now. Looking at the BRS water saver kits, they are 150 GPD or 200 GPD. Can I use these, or does it need to match the GPD exactly? I see that Spectrapure has something that looks similar, but is more expensive, and there's really no description for it (it's not specifically called a Water Saver, but I'm assuming it is). What do y'all think?

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Spectrapure MaxCap 90 GPD RODI that I've been using for several years now. Looking at the BRS water saver kits, they are 150 GPD or 200 GPD. Can I use these, or does it need to match the GPD exactly? I see that Spectrapure has something that looks similar, but is more expensive, and there's really no description for it (it's not specifically called a Water Saver, but I'm assuming it is). What do y'all think?

Either would work, but it's best to keep the same size rated membranes in both. The 100 would be closer so I would choose that.

Just check your flow restirctor so that it's rated appropriately for the new total GPD of the system.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use the BRS 150 GPD water saver add on kit. It uses a Dow Filmtec 75 GPD membrane. The Spectrapure 90 GPD membrane is essentially a rebranded “batch tested” Dow Filmtec 75 GPD membrane.

The only thing I would make sure is that your source water is below 200 or so TDS. Any higher and the second membrane will get trashed in short order.

roboshark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the 5 stage Liquagen and the RO saver kit. It works very well.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.9%
Back