Water sealing magnets

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2019
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
1,647
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a few magnets to hold on frag racks that, unfortunately, did not have strong enough magnets on them or came with suction cups that didn't work worth a penny. I'd like to get some of the long rectangle magnets along with some of the round ones. I see some that claim to be epoxy sealed but I'm not comfortable without knowing for sure they won't rust. Can anyone suggest where I can go to find properly sealed magnets? Bonus points for rubber sealed. Or is there an easy way to seal them myself? I don't have any kind of workshop so however it's done it would have to be fairly simple. Out of curiosity, would the commercial thickness posable balloons work? (you know the kind they make into balloon animals). I'm not talking about the ones that are common, but the ones that can't be blown up by anything but an actual air tank.
 
www.kjmagnetics.com has any and every magnet you might need. I use the 3/4 diameter x 3/8 thick plastic coated ones that have, I think ~ 10.9lb pull. I use two on the inside on a frag rack and two on the outside. Unless you are putting boulders on your frag rack they will be more than enough. I also use the same ones to hold on 3/4" plywood doors for some of the stands I've built over the years.
 
I usually order from K&J magnets. I avoid epoxy coated due to cracking/leaking long term and go with plastic coated.
 
www.kjmagnetics.com has any and every magnet you might need. I use the 3/4 diameter x 3/8 thick plastic coated ones that have, I think ~ 10.9lb pull. I use two on the inside on a frag rack and two on the outside. Unless you are putting boulders on your frag rack they will be more than enough. I also use the same ones to hold on 3/4" plywood doors for some of the stands I've built over the years.


I looked on there, and maybe I'm searching incorrectly but I'm having a hard time finding a usable size thats not 5-10.00 per magnet, not pair, but for each one. Or is that normal?
 
Normal prices for these items & I've used them for a few years with -0- problems.
 
Yup, mine usually cost something like 4-5 a magnet if I'm doing a larger frag rack or 2-3 bucks a magnet if it's something that won't have to support much weight.
 
I need a few magnets to hold on frag racks that, unfortunately, did not have strong enough magnets on them or came with suction cups that didn't work worth a penny. I'd like to get some of the long rectangle magnets along with some of the round ones. I see some that claim to be epoxy sealed but I'm not comfortable without knowing for sure they won't rust. Can anyone suggest where I can go to find properly sealed magnets? Bonus points for rubber sealed. Or is there an easy way to seal them myself? I don't have any kind of workshop so however it's done it would have to be fairly simple. Out of curiosity, would the commercial thickness posable balloons work? (you know the kind they make into balloon animals). I'm not talking about the ones that are common, but the ones that can't be blown up by anything but an actual air tank.
Just remember rare earth magnets the strongest
Also you can dip them and liquid plastic, and you don't need a workshop to be able to do that, also let them dry after they dip and dip them again so you get a thick layer of rubber on them oh, that's what I do to all my sensors that are stainless steel going directly into the tank, sensors still coated with plastic after few years so it lasts
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new