water shelf life...

HookedonSalt

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2012
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Location
Satellite Beach, Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made some salt water and R/O water last Thursday, I forgot to put a pump or anything to move the water after I was done mixing and had to go out of town all weekend... Bad water or good to go? Dont really want to dump all that water out but it is what it is... Thanks in advance.:neutral:
 
You are good, just add a pump to swirl it around and oxygenate it, it should be fine to use. Many people store their water for weeks at a time in buckets.
 
I sometimes leave my water sit for a few weeks.just test to make sure Ph,temp,and salinity and the same as your tank water and you should be ok
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new