Water Storage Container

Jimmy Gonzales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I recently installed this water storage container for my RODI system. I washed it out with a water flush but still taste like plastic. My wife and I would like to drink this as well. Is there any way to clean this to get rid of the water flavor or is this bad for the coral or fish? Please help thank you.

waterstorage.JPG

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would personally not drink deionized water. Many people claim it's a safety hazard and that it can lead to mineral deficiency, but I personally don't think this is a huge concern. Deionized water just does not have any taste, or is very prone to picking up funky tastes from the container in which they're stored.

On the other hand, I do personally drink the reverse osmosis water. I have a separate reservoir to hold RO-only water. If you do want to drink the water, I would add a tee between your RO membrane and your DI resin, and take the water from there for drinking.

Maggie321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed with chipmunkofdoom, I would not drink DI water. The ph that it naturally sits at is what I had heard was the problem. RO, that's another story. I have a hookup after my RO section of the filter unit and have used that for drinking water.

Confuse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about drinking RO/DI water during an emergency? Say like 2-3 days. Would that be detrimental too if that was your only water source available for that time?

Awesome Dennis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about drinking RO/DI water during an emergency? Say like 2-3 days. Would that be detrimental too if that was your only water source available for that time?
I have a 50 gallon container like th OP which is primarily for the tank but I plan to use it as drinking water in case of an emergency only.
I do have the drinking water kit before the DI stage to feed my fridge and sink tap.

Confuse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 50 gallon container like th OP which is primarily for the tank but I plan to use it as drinking water in case of an emergency only.
I do have the drinking water kit before the DI stage to feed my fridge and sink tap.

This is what I'm wondering. I have five 5 gallon jugs of RO/DI for my tank on any given week. I'm a terrible doomsday prepper, but what if something happens and all I have is RO/DI for 3 days? I know, my priorities are all screwed up. My tank would probably survive a disaster before me. lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back