Water storage

JDubb_4051

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2019
Messages
53
Reaction score
37
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I dump several jugs of saltwater and RODI from my LFS into larger containers and store? Lids on each, circulating salt of course.

Making RODI at home is eventually the plan but stopping by my LFS while I'm out vs. dedicated trips will be easier on the day to day and I'm thinking I can build up a surplus to start. My goal would be to always have enough on hand for 20% water changes (or more) on my two tanks (or equates to 40% in the event of an emergency). Elevated brute cans will allow me to store my containers underneath (full or not) saving space.
 
Can I dump several jugs of saltwater and RODI from my LFS into larger containers and store? Lids on each, circulating salt of course.

Making RODI at home is eventually the plan but stopping by my LFS while I'm out vs. dedicated trips will be easier on the day to day and I'm thinking I can build up a surplus to start. My goal would be to always have enough on hand for 20% water changes (or more) on my two tanks (or equates to 40% in the event of an emergency). Elevated brute cans will allow me to store my containers underneath (full or not) saving space.
Yes
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new