Water storage

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mandee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mandee

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2015
Messages
253
Reaction score
116
Location
Millbrook NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering what everyone stores their water in. I know some use the 55 Gallon grade a plastic drums but I also seen the brute trash cans used
..... any input?
 
I use 5 gallon water jugs for RO/DI.....the kind of jugs used for water coolers....have ten of them. Then I use two Brutes for mixing salt.....I think they are 32 gallon Brutes (I mix 25 gallons in them). I also have the dollies for the Brutes, and that makes moving it around the fishroom very easy.
 
Last edited:
I was using 5 gallon buckets to bring the RO home and then adding the salt for my nano tank. The buckets became heavy for me to lift so I purchased a pump. Recently I purchased a larger tank and it included 2 brut gray 20 gallon trashcans with the wheels! I change 10 gallons once a month so I bring home 2 -5 gallon buckets from the LFS..and when I am ready to use I add the salt, heater amd a power head atleast 3 days in advance to get the salt nice and dissolved..I found that if I pour the RO water in the trashcans, it slowly evaporates. With the rubber sealed 5 gallon bucket lids that doesn't happen. Also, one trash can is for the new water and the other I use when I pump the water out of the tank.. Hope this helps!
 
I use a 23 gallon Rubbermaid can for my ATO storage and either 5g drinking water bottles or the cube style camping jugs for storage.
 
Would storage totes work? I just found 50 gallon storage totes at HD

1450043192072.jpg
 
The problem with those is that the weight of the water makes the sides bow out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new