Water storage

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mandee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mandee

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2015
Messages
253
Reaction score
116
Location
Millbrook NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering what everyone stores their water in. I know some use the 55 Gallon grade a plastic drums but I also seen the brute trash cans used
..... any input?
 
Those both work well, you can also use 5 gallon buckets.
 
Tractor supply sells white tanks that have bulk heads there used for sprayers rang in 15 Gallon and up in very large sizes there not bad priced and super tough
 
What size are you looking for and how do you want to use it?

People use anything from 5 gallon buckets to animal food containers to brute garbage containers and up to large industrial containers of a 100 gallons or more.
 
Would storage totes work? I just found 50 gallon storage totes at HD

1450043155885.jpg
 
Would storage totes work? I just found 50 gallon storage totes at HD

Most of the totes I've seen at HD and Lowes always seem a little flimsy to me.
 
I use two 55 gallon food grade plastic barrels. One for fresh R/O and the other already mixed salt and R/O.
 
What about these 60 gallon Chem containers

Those might be a possible good candidate.
Do they have lids?
Gonna fit in the spot you have?


I use a 32 gallon rubber maid garbage container.
 
I use the Brute, my advice is to get the dolly too. Makes moving it around soooooooo much easier.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new