Water Tester

4n2xtacy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, please does anyone know if there's any thing like a all in one digital water tester for a salt water aquarium. A device that can check all the water parameters in your tank.

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing that does nitrates, phosphates and such. Apex has been teasing us for a year with one that will test the big 3 being CA, ALK, and MG. Alkatronics, and KH Guardian are the only ones that come to mind that are out and on the market and I believe they only test ALK automatically.

OP
OP
4n2xtacy

4n2xtacy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing that does nitrates, phosphates and such. Apex has been teasing us for a year with one that will test the big 3 being CA, ALK, and MG. Alkatronics, and KH Guardian are the only ones that come to mind that are out and on the market and I believe they only test ALK automatically.
Thanks...I figured cos I couldn't find anything anywhere.

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just read coralvue will be the distribution center for the USA market but as of Aug 10th Reef Kinetics has not sent them any info or products and the info just stalled after that.

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At MAcna 2018 they said available in US see Mr. Saltwater TV Macna Episode 2

If you find more info please share as I’m very interested in the concept and if the price is right I’ll be the test dummy lol

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watched your video. It requires only liquid reagents for testing and recommends API test kits as used in that video. No longer a fan as we all know API big 3 kits are awful and not accurate or constant.

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watched your video. It requires only liquid reagents for testing and recommends API test kits as used in that video. No longer a fan as we all know API big 3 kits are awful and not accurate or constant.

Agree, no way would I trust API reagents. The reality of this being available in the near future is promising, but the price point I believe will be too high for even people with Zero Respect for American currency. HEHE ;Nailbiting

Balz3352

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest I've seen is it can do some salifert and red seaalso.

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest I've seen is it can do some salifert and red seaalso.
But not the Saliferts that require a powder regent which is 90% of all Salifert kits. I only use Salifert for Ca and Mg which both have powder everything else I use Hanna Checkers.

Balz3352

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But not the Saliferts that require a powder regent which is 90% of all Salifert kits. I only use Salifert for Ca and Mg which both have powder everything else I use Hanna Checkers.
Good point. Red seas mag is liquid. Word is they're working on trying to get manufacturers to make liquid tests for this. I also use hanna for basically everything but life is getting busier and wouldn't it be nice to have something test for you? That also is essentially upgradable. There is upside to this. But only time will tell.

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like sometime in our lifetime Apex will finally release the Trident that’s almost a year past due and make like a bit easier in the same price range. Truly all I care about is Ca, Alk, and Mg. I’m not holding my breath tho!!!!! Lol

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.9%
Back