Water testing company?

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had an anemone only crash with nens I have had for five plus years and can’t figure out what is going on. Anyone recommend a send off test that is very thorough? My home test readings are
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Ph 8.2
Alk 11.2
Salinity 1.027

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use the Triton lab tests. I think Bulk Reef has the kits you send off.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had an anemone only crash with nens I have had for five plus years and can’t figure out what is going on. Anyone recommend a send off test that is very thorough? My home test readings are
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Ph 8.2
Alk 11.2
Salinity 1.027
Can you translate what you mean - if I'm reading it correctly - you had one anemone die - in a tank with others that you've had for 5 years. If thats the case - I don't know why sending a 'test out' would help. What might help is when you got the new anemone, what conditions it was held in - as compared to yours, etc. You didnt mention phosphate or nitrate. Your salinity is high - depending on what test youre using - and the margin of error - it may be higher than you think. Have you doubled checked your other tests>

OP
OP
J

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All nems were five years plus. I have another thread with more detail but not much response in anemone section . My other corals frogspawn Xenia shrooms zoa and other hard corals are all doing great. Fish doing great. Just my nems effected. I didn’t test for nitrate or phosphate yet. My algae had just recently cleared up and I have tons of macro algae in refugium but tomorrow I suppose I will test those just to rule out. I have magnesium calcium test to but doubt it’s the issue. Afraid I might have forgot to wash my hands after using lysol .

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All nems were five years plus. I have another thread with more detail but not much response in anemone section . My other corals frogspawn Xenia shrooms zoa and other hard corals are all doing great. Fish doing great. Just my nems effected. I didn’t test for nitrate or phosphate yet. My algae had just recently cleared up and I have tons of macro algae in refugium but tomorrow I suppose I will test those just to rule out. I have magnesium calcium test to but doubt it’s the issue. Afraid I might have forgot to wash my hands after using lysol .
THe question - is ia ALL of them or just one new one?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back