OP
OP
NPD_289

NPD_289

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank and setup looks great. I can't wait to see what you do with inhabitants!
I too got started with my current tank through Scott and the crew at OSA - great people.
Thanks! OSA is great. I wont be ready for coral in time for their Xmas party sale unfortunately.

OP
OP
NPD_289

NPD_289

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for a stocking list, I plan on moving most of my fish over from my 45g.

Flameback pygmy angel
Valentini puffer
One spot foxface
Royal gramma
Yasha goby w/ pistol shrimp
Diamond goby
(2) green chromis
(2) PJ Cardinals
(2) Darwin clownfish
Fire Shrimp
Various hermit crabs and snails

Future consideration:

Yellow Coris Wrasse
Long nose hawkfish

I'm definitely going to be ordering a Clearview lid prior to transferring any of the livestock over.

s_tempest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for a stocking list, I plan on moving most of my fish over from my 45g.

Flameback pygmy angel
Valentini puffer
One spot foxface
Royal gramma
Yasha goby w/ pistol shrimp
Diamond goby
(2) green chromis
(2) PJ Cardinals
(2) Darwin clownfish
Fire Shrimp
Various hermit crabs and snails

Future consideration:

Yellow Coris Wrasse
Long nose hawkfish

I'm definitely going to be ordering a Clearview lid prior to transferring any of the livestock over.
Have you seen a Clearview lid in person? I got one, and it’s nice. Heavier than I expected and more wobbly/flexible, though. I might have been just as happy keeping my Home Depot eggcrate top.

Ifreitas14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also picked up a waterbox 100.3 from Scott at osa lobe that place best around!

F76EB625-E143-49C2-A238-D80D2D6033E6.jpeg

OP
OP
NPD_289

NPD_289

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you seen a Clearview lid in person? I got one, and it’s nice. Heavier than I expected and more wobbly/flexible, though. I might have been just as happy keeping my Home Depot eggcrate top.
No, I haven't seen one in person. The pics of them look nice and I like the idea of a feed door. I have a DYI mesh top on my 45g and thought I would splurge on this build for a nice looking lid.

Infidel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the aquascape; very nice setup!

It's going to be hard to compete with you and Shaggy once all of my equipment is delivered. I'll be slow-rolling it, but it should turn out nice.

OP
OP
NPD_289

NPD_289

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the aquascape; very nice setup!

It's going to be hard to compete with you and Shaggy once all of my equipment is delivered. I'll be slow-rolling it, but it should turn out nice.
Thanks. I'll be following and cant wait to see how your build progresses. Slow is good in this hobby so take your time and enjoy the build. I'm currently in that boring cycle phase but still enjoy just staring at my tank.

OP
OP
NPD_289

NPD_289

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since my tank sits three inches from the wall, I was unable to center my Aquatic Life T5 hybrid fixture using their wall mounting kit. So today I made some extension rails using aluminum angle iron to bring it out another two inches. It worked! I then added my two Hydra 26s to the fixture and ran the wires. I now have an awesome light set up and I cant use since the tank is still cycling...lol
20191117_122100.jpg
20191117_123945.jpg 20191117_123945.jpg 20191117_124504.jpg 20191117_145730.jpg

OP
OP
NPD_289

NPD_289

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far of the surface did you go?
I have them 10 inches above the water. I plan on renting a PAR meter soon to see if I should raise or lower. The light bleed is not too bad and once I get diffusers for my LEDs it should be better.

OP
OP
NPD_289

NPD_289

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for not posting for a while but I am currently in that boring cycling phase. I did treat myself to a BRS doorbuster sale involving a Macspect Grye...
20191202_180111.jpg

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in that same stage right now. Its definitely boring lol. I was thinking about getting the same powerhead for my 75g build.

OP
OP
NPD_289

NPD_289

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in that same stage right now. Its definitely boring lol. I was thinking about getting the same powerhead for my 75g build.
I will recommend it at this point. Very quiet when I run it at random 70% mac. No idea what the flow looks like until I get some lps in there.

Infidel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great lighting setup and a nice choice with the Gyre. Although I went with a single MP40 (for now) in my system, I really like the Gyres and was highly considering one.

What substrate are you using? I ordered some Tonga Pink from Premium Aquatics and don't foresee issues with substrate blowing around as I will have moderate flow with mainly softies and LPS in my tank.

I look forward to seeing how everything turns out for you and it is always interesting to see how different equipment works for us, having the same base systems.

OP
OP
NPD_289

NPD_289

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great lighting setup and a nice choice with the Gyre. Although I went with a single MP40 (for now) in my system, I really like the Gyres and was highly considering one.

What substrate are you using? I ordered some Tonga Pink from Premium Aquatics and don't foresee issues with substrate blowing around as I will have moderate flow with mainly softies and LPS in my tank.

I look forward to seeing how everything turns out for you and it is always interesting to see how different equipment works for us, having the same base systems.
Thanks for the compliments. For the substrate, I used Nature's Ocean Pink Samoa sand. No complaints with it so far. I rinsed it good prior to placing in the tank and it hasn't flown around yet with my two Reefbreeder RP-Ms and gyre running random modes. When I break down my old tank, I'll add my MP10 and AI Prime to this tank. I figure then I just might have enough light and flow for SPS.

Let me know when you start your build thread and I'll follow it!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 50 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 58 55.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • None.

Votes: 26 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.7%
Back