Waterbox 100.3 stocking

Reefer302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a waterbox 100.3 it's around a 70 gallon display tank with a 30 gallon sump, so 100 overall volume. I was wondering some ideas of what fish to put in it's going to be a reef, soft coral dominant.

Here's what i was thinking
1 Flame angel
5 bangai cardinals
2 helfriechi firefish
1 yellow watchman goby
2 mandarin dragonets
1 yellow tang
2 clownfish
3 Talbots damsel fish

All subject to change of course I'd like to hear some input on what I could change or add

Thank you :)

Ryebreadiest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thoughts:
-The 5 Bangaii will likely result in males killing each other off in a tank that size. Actual schools I’ve only seen in much larger tanks with more room. I’d get 3 and then be prepared to return one to the LFS when a pair forms.
-I’d go the mandarins last, down the road when the tank matures and has lots of pods. Even the CB ones can be hit or miss in a new tank.
-A 36” tank isn’t ideal for a yellow tang long term, but should be fine for a while.
-Be prepared for decent chance the flame angel starts eating coral.
-3 foot tank might not be roomy enough for 3 Talbots long term, but hard to say.

Otherwise it looks fine.

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second Ryebreadiest in most of the points.
Some more info: Yellow Tang is not going to be available anytime soon for a reasonable price ( less then $400-500).
Firefish like to jump out of water, so you need a cover net.
My watchmen goby and his partner pistol shrimp decided to build their dwelling behind my rock structure, so I decided to move them to smaller tank, where I can watch them.
Talbot Damsels are non problematic in my tank and yes, I have 3 Bangai Cardinals .
I also have long nose Hawkfish, which is cute and doesn't bother anybody.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back