Waterbox 150.4 Sump - Reefmat 500 Installation thoughts . . .

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the middle of setting up our Waterbox Infinia 150.4

We are adding a Reefmat 500 instead of the Filter Socks so I need to modify the main drain pipe to run into the Reefmat instead of the back chamber in the factory sump. The area inside the red circle is that main focus of this post:
1711292661594.png

My questions are:

1) Is the main reason for the "narrow back chamber" merely for the drain lines? The water comes into this chamber from the Main and E-drain, flows under a "bubble wall?" into the filtration chamber, up over the wall and then across the Filter Sock Distribution Plate and so on. I've removed the Filter Sock Distribution Plate and this is where I'll be placing the ReefMat 500.

2) Will this back chamber become "stagnant" since there's no source of significant flow through that chamber w/o the drain input.

I'm sure others have done this and know exactly what I'm talking about but I can't seem to find it being "discussed" or I'm not using the correct terms in my "Forum Search" endeavor lol.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2) Will this back chamber become "stagnant" since there's no source of significant flow through that chamber w/o the drain input.
I would think over time yes. Blow it out with turkey baser once a week.

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
I have the peninsula. So what I did was use the manifold off the return to recycle water back there so it has flow for the probes, trident, and etc without being stagnant or emptying it.

My tank is the peninsula why it looks a bit different than yours.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
BigAl07

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the peninsula. So what I did was use the manifold off the return to recycle water back there so it has flow for the probes, trident, and etc without being stagnant or emptying it.

My tank is the peninsula why it looks a bit different than yours.
That's an excellent idea. I may have to incorporate that into my design as well. Do you have your heater(s) in there as well?

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
That's an excellent idea. I may have to incorporate that into my design as well. Do you have your heater(s) in there as well?
I did, but I ended up moving them to each side of the fleece roller so they get better flow.

I still have my feed pump for ozone, trident sampling, and probes

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 121 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back