Waterbox 190.5 plumbing help

AndrewNS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I just received my Infinia Reef 190.5 and need some help with the plumbing. The sump is going to be installed 1 floor down from the tank in my fish room. So, I need to extend the pipes. I purchased some 1 ¼ inch and 1 ½ inch white Schedule 40 pipe and threaded unions but they are too big for the plumbing of the water box. The pipe wall seems much thicker. Is there some sort of adapter or converter I need to purchase? Is it metric to standard?

Thanks for any help :)

Ordovician_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I just received my Infinia Reef 190.5 and need some help with the plumbing. The sump is going to be installed 1 floor down from the tank in my fish room. So, I need to extend the pipes. I purchased some 1 ¼ inch and 1 ½ inch white Schedule 40 pipe and threaded unions but they are too big for the plumbing of the water box. The pipe wall seems much thicker. Is there some sort of adapter or converter I need to purchase? Is it metric to standard?

Thanks for any help :)

I have a 190.5 as well (just set it up about a month ago)....I am almost certian the fittings are all metric. Waterbox support can give you the tread specs and then you could find fittings.

OP
OP
AndrewNS

AndrewNS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmm... well they haven't been much help. They just said to find a supplier in Canada that sells these parts. Also discovered the measurements on the plumbing pieces don't match what's on the spec sheet from the web site.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it not just about measuring the pipe diameter with a caliper tool to determine what bits you need? :)

Whether it's metric or imperial you should be able to source in Canada no bother once you know the size.

Sorry if I missed anything, seems fairly straight forward! Cool project btw, the Infinia's are beautiful! I went with Cade as the Infinia tanks were sold out when I bought mine.

OP
OP
AndrewNS

AndrewNS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just didn't understand the difference in measurement. Metric measures from the outside diameter so a DN32 (40mm/1-1/2") would have an inner diameter closer to 1-1/4". I had already purchased standard 1-1/2" fittings and pipe thinking that would work. I found an adapter that will convert 40mm to 1-1/4" standard.

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey - no problem here. You can purchase metric to standard fittings and bulkheads directly from Coralvue. Check it out in my build thread where I converted from metric to standard for my Waterbox Reef 180.5.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back