Waterbox 190.5 plumbing help

  • Thread starter Thread starter AndrewNS
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AndrewNS

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2018
Messages
24
Reaction score
6
Location
Halifax, Nova Scotia
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I just received my Infinia Reef 190.5 and need some help with the plumbing. The sump is going to be installed 1 floor down from the tank in my fish room. So, I need to extend the pipes. I purchased some 1 ¼ inch and 1 ½ inch white Schedule 40 pipe and threaded unions but they are too big for the plumbing of the water box. The pipe wall seems much thicker. Is there some sort of adapter or converter I need to purchase? Is it metric to standard?

Thanks for any help :)
 
Hello

I just received my Infinia Reef 190.5 and need some help with the plumbing. The sump is going to be installed 1 floor down from the tank in my fish room. So, I need to extend the pipes. I purchased some 1 ¼ inch and 1 ½ inch white Schedule 40 pipe and threaded unions but they are too big for the plumbing of the water box. The pipe wall seems much thicker. Is there some sort of adapter or converter I need to purchase? Is it metric to standard?

Thanks for any help :)

I have a 190.5 as well (just set it up about a month ago)....I am almost certian the fittings are all metric. Waterbox support can give you the tread specs and then you could find fittings.
 
hmmm... well they haven't been much help. They just said to find a supplier in Canada that sells these parts. Also discovered the measurements on the plumbing pieces don't match what's on the spec sheet from the web site.
 
Is it not just about measuring the pipe diameter with a caliper tool to determine what bits you need? :)

Whether it's metric or imperial you should be able to source in Canada no bother once you know the size.

Sorry if I missed anything, seems fairly straight forward! Cool project btw, the Infinia's are beautiful! I went with Cade as the Infinia tanks were sold out when I bought mine.
 
I just didn't understand the difference in measurement. Metric measures from the outside diameter so a DN32 (40mm/1-1/2") would have an inner diameter closer to 1-1/4". I had already purchased standard 1-1/2" fittings and pipe thinking that would work. I found an adapter that will convert 40mm to 1-1/4" standard.
 
Hey - no problem here. You can purchase metric to standard fittings and bulkheads directly from Coralvue. Check it out in my build thread where I converted from metric to standard for my Waterbox Reef 180.5.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new