Waterbox 20 ATO

Capoe126

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am compiling equipment for a waterbox 20 build (which will be my first tank!). The next piece of equipment i will be purchasing is an ATO, as many have said I should make this a priority.

I asked BRS and they pointed me toward the Tunze 3152 nano ato. I had looked at this option and was concerned with a fairly large amount of negative reviews concerning durability and safeguards. The larger 3155 seems to have much more reliable reviews. I asked BRS and they said the 3155 might be too much for my smaller tank.

I was hoping to hear your thoughts. I am totally open to none Tunze products as well!

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 3155 on my nuvo20. At first I didn’t like to as I used it right out of the box and it ran fine but would pump a lot of water into the tank whenever I unplugged it. There is a way to unscrew the controller and adjust the pumping speed. There is a range between nano and large. From the factory it’s in between the two. I lowered mine to nano and it couldn’t pump from the floor to the return chamber so I put it at 1/4 of the way to large and now it works flawlessly.

Found the video. What I’m describing is at 4:30 mark.

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had great luck with AutoAqua ATOs. They have really tiny sensors, which is great for a smaller tank, and they have failsafes that keep them from overfilling.

OP
OP
C

Capoe126

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 3155 on my nuvo20. At first I didn’t like to as I used it right out of the box and it ran fine but would pump a lot of water into the tank whenever I unplugged it. There is a way to unscrew the controller and adjust the pumping speed. There is a range between nano and large. From the factory it’s in between the two. I lowered mine to nano and it couldn’t pump from the floor to the return chamber so I put it at 1/4 of the way to large and now it works flawlessly.

Found the video. What I’m describing is at 4:30 mark.
I have read of other people doing this as well. Thank you!

OP
OP
C

Capoe126

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had great luck with AutoAqua ATOs. They have really tiny sensors, which is great for a smaller tank, and they have failsafes that keep them from overfilling.
I have read quite a few good things about this product as well

eric33014

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a waterbox 20 and use the duetto ato. I keep the sensor and fill tubing in the return pump chamber.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 62 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back