OP
OP
tinyfellows

tinyfellows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good new when I was feeding today I saw my pistol shrimp maybe he had been not coming out if he just molted. Or maybe Toby and creed were having a lover’s quarrel

OP
OP
tinyfellows

tinyfellows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been struggling with getting my ph over 8 even after I installed a co2 scrubber. Not sure if it’s working properly because the media hasn’t change color at all. I adjusted my return nozzle to cut down in my surface agitation. I have a rfg nozzle before I had constant agitation and now I have it where the surface is only broken when the flow out of the nozzle is aimed up so I will monitor my ph over the next couple of days and see if that changes anything.

OP
OP
tinyfellows

tinyfellows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I don’t I’m just getting started in reefing and don’t want to overwhelm myself with a million things to master at once. I also have pretty limited space so I’m not sure how I could set it up in my current loft where the tank is

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I use a 1Gallon empty vinegar bottle, a large-mouth funnel, and a bag of pickling lime from Menards. you can manually add it to raise Alkalinity and pH.
You may want to just do All For Reef as it seems to simplify a lot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tinyfellows

tinyfellows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up two clownfish today so excited these are what got me into the aquarium hobby when I was a kid with hopes to one day to have a saltwater tank to have clowns. I also got a cleaner shrimp and another rfa I will get pictures of those tomorrow. I had forgotten I was running gfo and couldn’t figure out my my phosphate was almost bottoming out. So I took out the gfo and will continue to test daily to get an idea of what my tanks levels are doing naturally. I also set up my kamoer x1 for my all for reef. After dosing my high tech planted tank daily with macro and micros for a year I wanted to get a dosing pump quickly. I’m only dosing 1.5 ml of all for reef currently but couldn’t be happier with how things are going.

Attachments

• 1CD4B226-ABD2-433B-A3B1-30A67E6A32FF.jpeg
    1CD4B226-ABD2-433B-A3B1-30A67E6A32FF.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 63
OP
OP
tinyfellows

tinyfellows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man these clowns are little piggy’s they will just eat and eat. I am feeding more than I normally would to try and get my nitrates up they are at 3 however it seems only my phosphates are going up they are .13. May need to put gfo back in to keep them in check and feed heavy to raise my nitrates. My acan is not liking the low nitrates as it’s not as puffy as it’s been in the past.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I picked up two clownfish today so excited these are what got me into the aquarium hobby when I was a kid with hopes to one day to have a saltwater tank to have clowns. I also got a cleaner shrimp and another rfa I will get pictures of those tomorrow. I had forgotten I was running gfo and couldn’t figure out my my phosphate was almost bottoming out. So I took out the gfo and will continue to test daily to get an idea of what my tanks levels are doing naturally. I also set up my kamoer x1 for my all for reef. After dosing my high tech planted tank daily with macro and micros for a year I wanted to get a dosing pump quickly. I’m only dosing 1.5 ml of all for reef currently but couldn’t be happier with how things are going.
What is the cute coral on the back glass?

OP
OP
tinyfellows

tinyfellows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today when I was moving my mushroom around I noticed these on the underside of the frag. Are these tiny mushrooms. They are on the underside and receive zero light. If they are friend how can I get them into some light

Attachments

• ABB17D78-557C-43E9-A2B2-C1DA55340BAA.jpeg
    ABB17D78-557C-43E9-A2B2-C1DA55340BAA.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 8F5658C4-9F1E-42FC-9571-F3C07553BA82.jpeg
    8F5658C4-9F1E-42FC-9571-F3C07553BA82.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 39
  • F83DB2ED-D761-46A1-8931-44DBA3C4EC8F.jpeg
    F83DB2ED-D761-46A1-8931-44DBA3C4EC8F.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 50

mojo8427

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today when I was moving my mushroom around I noticed these on the underside of the frag. Are these tiny mushrooms. They are on the underside and receive zero light. If they are friend how can I get them into some light
My understanding is that when the shroom moves, it leaves a bit of tissue behind. Forming a baby; which should move into the light on its own.

OP
OP
tinyfellows

tinyfellows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding is that when the shroom moves, it leaves a bit of tissue behind. Forming a baby; which should move into the light on its own.
Oh that’s exciting so in theory they will get themselves out from under the big mushroom if I just leave them be?

OP
OP
tinyfellows

tinyfellows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a fts with whites off and blues on for some night time psychedelic viewing

Attachments

• 742152E6-2C8C-4D0E-A1BE-24EC23147FB9.jpeg
    742152E6-2C8C-4D0E-A1BE-24EC23147FB9.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
tinyfellows

tinyfellows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are going good in the tank everything is happy and growing. Im seeing more spots of coralline algae popping up. I’m going to be out of town for over a week around the 4th of July so I’m trying to dial in my skimmer so it won’t overflow when I’m gone. I will probably just end up running it a couple hours a day. I also need to pick up an auto feeder and get they dialed in and mounted. But I won’t be adding anything or doing any big changes if I can help it.

OP
OP
tinyfellows

tinyfellows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my turbo snails keeps knocking my bird nest over even though I super glued it down. Does anyone have any tips for getting a more solid attachment. I cut the frag plug down to the disc then put a glob of super glue in the bottom of the disk and hold it to the rock till it cures but obviously this isn’t working for me. Any tips would be greatly appreciated

OP
OP
tinyfellows

tinyfellows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t posted much lately cause I’ve been keeping my hands out of the tank and just letting it do it’s thing cause I leave for a 10 day cross country road trip since it’s the holiday weekend anyone that would check on my tank for me has plans so it will be going solo the whole time. I just finished a 20% water change. I took out the filter floss as that would for sure clog up and flood my house. I picked up and auto feeder and got it set up and the fish have been eating when it dispenses so that good. I have my skimmer set high so it will just provide oxygenation and co2 scrubbing. I also got a Kasa camera to keep an eye on things. My biggest fear is my nutrients bottoming out and getting Dino’s so I’ve fed some extra reef roids to get it up a bit as my tank currently consumes .1 po4 a day. I need to retest after my water change and see if I need to raise it any more I’m looking to leave it at .18 to .2 just to be safe I’d rather tackle algae than Dino’s.

OP
OP
tinyfellows

tinyfellows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I came home from my 10 day trip and all was well. Things are moving along nicely. The tanks coming up on 4 months. I still have the dark green algae in the rocks. There is anything to manually remove and scrubbing doesn’t remove it. Spots are getting replaced my coralline algae so that’s cool. I think I might add a orchid dotty back and a tail spot blenny this week if my lfs has them in. I’m probably also going to pick up a couple more frags

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Awesome news about your tank stability when you were gone!
You may want to read up on Dottyback - they're not too reef safe - if you want a cleaner shrimp or emerald crab to be out and about. May harass your goby too.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back