Waterbox 220 + Nyos 160 + Refugium : Enough Room?

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone out there running a refugium along with the Nyos 160? Is there enough room for both in the Waterbox 220 sump?

Detroit_aqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long did it take you to get the tank from order to delivery? I just ordered one and I'm curious, I think the 6-8 weeks is bull in my case :(

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long did it take you to get the tank from order to delivery? I just ordered one and I'm curious, I think the 6-8 weeks is bull in my case :(

I haven't received it yet. They're telling me 6-8 weeks from Nov 1. When did you order yours?

Detroit_aqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nov. 2...When i talked to them last week they said they arent getting a shipment of 220s until January. They couldnt give me a day in january and couldn't even gaurentee I would get mine from that shipment xD. Hopefully we get them in January or sooner, seems like they have lots of conflicting communication :/

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nov. 2...When i talked to them last week they said they arent getting a shipment of 220s until January. They couldnt give me a day in january and couldn't even gaurentee I would get mine from that shipment xD. Hopefully we get them in January or sooner, seems like they have lots of conflicting communication :/

I would imagine that they're being conservative. Maybe one day really affected the delivery dates... I guess it all depends on how many orders they received for the 220. Good news is it's forcing us to cure our live rock for about 8 weeks. It's forcing us to be patient. lol

Detroit_aqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I hope you're right...but I'm afraid that they're just very back ordered...but I looked up the specs and the Nyos 160 will fit with the refugium plate in place.

SPSReeferMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, congrats on the new tank. I have a Waterbox 170 and I run both the Nyos 160 and a refugium. I was very concerned at first that the refugium area in the Waterbox sump would be too small. However, I picked up a Kessil 160 tuna flora algae grow light. With what I would consider a medium bio load, it easily takes my phosphate and nitrate down to undetectable.

What are your goals with the refugium?

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you end up receiving your tank yet?

Unfortunately, no. I did get a message from @Waterbox Aquariums letting me know that I should receive it the week of January 20th, which will put it at 12 weeks from the time I ordered it. Super bummed, but what can I do? Did you get yours?

Hello, congrats on the new tank. I have a Waterbox 170 and I run both the Nyos 160 and a refugium. I was very concerned at first that the refugium area in the Waterbox sump would be too small. However, I picked up a Kessil 160 tuna flora algae grow light. With what I would consider a medium bio load, it easily takes my phosphate and nitrate down to undetectable.

What are your goals with the refugium?

My goals for refugium are to reduce phospahtes and nitrates, but to also help with keeping pods for the mandarin fish we plan to get. We bought a Kessil H80 for ours.

SPSReeferMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My goals for refugium are to reduce phospahtes and nitrates, but to also help with keeping pods for the mandarin fish we plan to get. We bought a Kessil H80 for ours.

You might find that the H80 will take you longer to make an impact on phosphates and nitrates. You would have a bigger tank (50 gallons more) and a lower intensity light. If you start from the beginning of the tank and run for long periods 16 hours+, you might be OK. Obviously this depends on how much you feed your fish or corals. Another thing to consider is how much light you plan to have on your main aquarium. I found dialing in my photoperiod, amount of macro algae and feeding to not be as straight forward as I had expected. This is probably because dialing in phosphate for a reef tank takes more time than I anticipated.

OP
OP
esther

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might find that the H80 will take you longer to make an impact on phosphates and nitrates. You would have a bigger tank (50 gallons more) and a lower intensity light. If you start from the beginning of the tank and run for long periods 16 hours+, you might be OK. Obviously this depends on how much you feed your fish or corals. Another thing to consider is how much light you plan to have on your main aquarium. I found dialing in my photoperiod, amount of macro algae and feeding to not be as straight forward as I had expected. This is probably because dialing in phosphate for a reef tank takes more time than I anticipated.

Thanks for the tips! Bioload is gonna be pretty low at first, so maybe I'll use that light for a bit and see how it works and upgrade as needed. :)

Detroit_aqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, no. I did get a message from @Waterbox Aquariums letting me know that I should receive it the week of January 20th, which will put it at 12 weeks from the time I ordered it. Super bummed, but what can I do? Did you get yours?

They told me the same. Should have them before the end of the month then :) better late than never and nice to finally have a rough delivery date.

feloracing26

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ESTHER: I just got my WB 220.6 yesterday after ordering it back in November.I little bit more than expected but as we all know this NOT a Sprint it is a MARATHON. So those who are still waiting for the WB Tanks ... be patient they are coming!

Cheers

Hugo’s_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m anxiously waiting as well . I ordered mine on the first of November (blue Friday) and haven’t received anything .i finally contacted them and was told I would not receive it till the 10th of February.i was upset as well but what can I do :/

feloracing26

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m anxiously waiting as well . I ordered mine on the first of November (blue Friday) and haven’t received anything .i finally contacted them and was told I would not receive it till the 10th of February.i was upset as well but what can I do :/

GIMMIKS - It happens from time to time to best companies ...
Best examples, the TRIDENT ... i can't get a TRIDENT to save my life due to their demand.
That won't stop me on getting one once they become more available.

I hope you get your tank soon be hopeful and wishing the best !

myakuel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the 220 waterbox back in november 2019 and it will be arriving this week. thinking about doing the triton method. any of you running the triton method on your waterbox? do you think the fuge in the sump that comes with the waterbox is large enough for the method or are you running a pax bellum or some other type of reactor?
thanks

Stoneys'Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow looks like everyone ordered this tank. We ordered ours in January aprox 3 weeks ago. I spoke with them on the phone Friday and the lady told me it looked like mine would be shipping in the next couple of weeks ? So either I got lucky or am being told a story ? Lol

SPSReeferMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the 220 waterbox back in november 2019 and it will be arriving this week. thinking about doing the triton method. any of you running the triton method on your waterbox? do you think the fuge in the sump that comes with the waterbox is large enough for the method or are you running a pax bellum or some other type of reactor?
thanks

I have the Waterbox 170. I am running the BRS/WWC method, more or less. I’m only 7 months in and I like it. I do find that keeping algae in the refugium is a struggle!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back