Waterbox 3620 Peninsula Build

Pêcheur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Returning to the hobby after approximately 12 years away. Purchased a 36" Waterbox 3620 peninsula tank and stand yesterday, I can't wait to get started.

I'll love some feedback on gear recommendations as a LOT has seemed to have changed. Is this the appropriate thread to ask specific questions or should I create separate threads for that?

Last edited:

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Returning to the hobby after approximately 12 years away. Purchased a 36" Waterbox 3620 peninsula tank and stand yesterday, I can't wait to get started.

I'll love some feedback on gear recommendations as a LOT has seemed to have changed. Is this the appropriate thread to ask specific questions or should I create separate threads for that?
You'll get more visibility to your questions if you open new posts for each question in the forum appropriate for question (threads for nuisance algae, lighting, etc etc)

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah open a new post but keep this one going for when you get it.

also update us on the gear you choose. I love peninsula tanks and was happy when WB made some smaller ones. all tho I would like it more if it was 3624 but thats just me. :D

congrats on the new build

OP
OP
Pêcheur

Pêcheur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah open a new post but keep this one going for when you get it.

also update us on the gear you choose. I love peninsula tanks and was happy when WB made some smaller ones. all tho I would like it more if it was 3624 but thats just me. :D

congrats on the new build
agreed, but it seemed the best option for what I was looking for

OP
OP
Pêcheur

Pêcheur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From order to delivery took exactly one week. Nice fast delivery from Waterbox!!!

However, I’m pretty disappointed in a couple of things:
1) the threads on some of the feet had plastic covering them so I had use an exactoknife and work to peel it away, took me an hour to get four feet cleaned;
2) the main tank came with a huge silicone smear and multiple small smears that I haven’t figured out yet how to remove.

When/If I can resolve the silicone issue this tank is going to be really sweet.

92E86C20-80E4-4372-85AF-417A3091BE4D.jpeg
6643A079-6B93-4101-8C5D-D76546E49AD6.jpeg

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From order to delivery took exactly one week. Nice fast delivery from Waterbox!!!

However, I’m pretty disappointed in a couple of things:
1) the threads on some of the feet had plastic covering them so I had use an exactoknife and work to peel it away, took me an hour to get four feet cleaned;
2) the main tank came with a huge silicone smear and multiple small smears that I haven’t figured out yet how to remove.

When/If I can resolve the silicone issue this tank is going to be really sweet.

92E86C20-80E4-4372-85AF-417A3091BE4D.jpeg
6643A079-6B93-4101-8C5D-D76546E49AD6.jpeg

can you get a better pic of the silicone your talking about.
have you reached out to WB about it there pretty good CS.

SOOO I am kinda playing around with up grading my nano peninsula to this tank now :/
IDK if the GF will think its a great idea as I do tho.

we need more pics of the stand and tank please :D

ArmyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just forced upgraded my 60 Gallon cube (Seam busted and dumped 60 gallons on the floor) to this tank this past weekend and am in love with it! Sump is big and can easily be configured to anything you want!

OP
OP
Pêcheur

Pêcheur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you get a better pic of the silicone your talking about.
have you reached out to WB about it there pretty good CS.
Hi, so its really difficult to photograph but below I've attached a few more. I contacted WB they advised to scrape it off with a glass scraper and assured me that they would replace it should it be damaged in the process; the glass scraper worked and I was able to get rid of all the smudges.

IMG_0830.jpeg
IMG_0831.jpeg

I think I'm going to really love the setup, especially if I can get the aquascape right. Here are a few photos of the tank/stand at the end of my sectional.

IMG_0851.jpeg
IMG_0850.jpeg
IMG_0853.jpeg

The setup is going a lot slower than I had hoped. I've decided to build a rigid vinyl tile platform for the tank stand to sit on so it doesn't scuff my floors and am waiting on those. I also need to change the electrical socket to a GFCI. I expect to have water filling the tank by next weekend.

The sump is HUGE. There's not a lot of space left in the stand outside of the sump, but there's plenty of room inside the sump's skimmer chamber. I had deliberated on getting the Penisula AIO 50.3, but I'm glad I went with this for a cleaner look.

Last edited:

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, so its really difficult to photograph but below I've attached a few more. I contacted WB they advised to scrape it off with a glass scraper and assured me that they would replace it should it be damaged in the process; the glass scraper worked and I was able to get rid of all the smudges.

IMG_0830.jpeg
IMG_0831.jpeg

I think I'm going to really love the setup, especially if I can get the aquascape right. Here are a few photos of the tank/stand at the end of my sectional.

IMG_0851.jpeg
IMG_0850.jpeg
IMG_0853.jpeg

The setup is going a lot slower than I had hoped. I've decided to build a rigid vinyl tile platform for the tank stand to sit on so it doesn't scuff my floors and am waiting on those. I also need to change the electrical socket to a GFCI. I expect to have water filling the tank by next weekend.

The sump is HUGE. There's not a lot of space left in the stand outside of the sump, but there's plenty of room inside the sump's skimmer chamber. I had deliberated on getting the Penisula AIO 50.3, but I'm glad I went with this for a cleaner look.

oh yeah the smudges should not be an issue I thought it was on the silicone jointing to panes of glass.

peninsula's are the best right!? I have me res sea 650P on one end og my sectional and the other end a nano fiji cube peninsula but I am really thinking I might get the WB 3620 for a seahorse tank build.

that looks like a good dog! I real helper there. supervising to make sure you got all those leveling feet just right. :p

DevilDuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following as I also ordered this tank! What are you using for flow? I'm debating between some Vortechs (since lights and return pump are Ecotech) or a gyre.

OP
OP
Pêcheur

Pêcheur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following as I also ordered this tank! What are you using for flow? I'm debating between some Vortechs (since lights and return pump are Ecotech) or a gyre.

Waterbox was just using the return pump on their setup in their reveal video so I figured I'd start with that, an Ecotech Vectra S2. I acquired a Nero 3 if it needs additional flow with the thoughts that I would eventually use 2, maybe 3 of these in the future. I liked the Nero's because the dry side can seemingly be mounted inside the overflow. I felt like the mp40 was overkill and the mp10s won't work on 1/2" glass.

I also had hoped the Nero would work with the Mobius app as my return pump and lighting are part of the ecotech platform; unfortunately, Mobius does not work with the Nero yet...

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along. Looking good so far. I want to get a peninsula myself as the main tank
you will love it!

Waterbox was just using the return pump on their setup in their reveal video so I figured I'd start with that, an Ecotech Vectra S2. I acquired a Nero 3 if it needs additional flow with the thoughts that I would eventually use 2, maybe 3 of these in the future. I liked the Nero's because the dry side can seemingly be mounted inside the overflow. I felt like the mp40 was overkill and the mp10s won't work on 1/2" glass.

I also had hoped the Nero would work with the Mobius app as my return pump and lighting are part of the ecotech platform; unfortunately, Mobius does not work with the Nero yet...
I personally think you will need a bit more flow. but let us know if you do :)

OP
OP
Pêcheur

Pêcheur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0880.jpeg
IMG_0887.jpeg
IMG_0306.jpeg
IMG_0304.jpeg

So things are getting moving ;Happy

I've been working on the aquascape. I was hoping to create something more etherial but due to the limited space, I think I'm going to have to settle for lots of caves and overhangs. Thoughts on the current scape?

Sorry these photos did not turn out well.

Last edited:

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0880.jpeg
IMG_0887.jpeg
IMG_0306.jpeg
IMG_0304.jpeg

I've been working on the aquascape. I was hoping to create something more etherial but due to the limited space, I think I'm going to have to settle for lots of caves and overhangs. Thoughts on the current scape?

like it! is it all one piece? make sure you can tank out a few of the rocks if needed.

I would see you you like 2 island style? so there is a swim through in the middle.

OP
OP
Pêcheur

Pêcheur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
like it! is it all one piece? make sure you can tank out a few of the rocks if needed.

I would see you you like 2 island style? so there is a swim through in the middle.
It’s about 8 pieces right now, gonna glue/mortar a few for stability.

In order to get enough height in the back, I’m not sure I have enough room to do the dual island thing.

BoneDoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0880.jpeg
IMG_0887.jpeg
IMG_0306.jpeg
IMG_0304.jpeg

Looking good. Love the aquascape. Of you weren’t going with an island for fast-growing corals on the short end, maybe you can Y the rockwork so you’ll get two edges on the short end

OP
OP
Pêcheur

Pêcheur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve made a little progress….sand and water.

9B569AD2-8114-421F-8932-208458FF1FE0.jpeg

B590F298-E1BC-4A6C-A8F4-CE40F5B0773F.jpeg

Unfortunately, the Ecotech mounting arm does not exactly fit at the return end. The arm mount is sitting on the return bar.
92200F72-3014-45E8-9E14-88CF429A08DE.jpeg

Things seem secure so I’m going to go with it for now. I may hang the lights later. Keeping light at 10% while I fast cycle using Fritz nitrifying bacteria.

Last edited:

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve made a little progress….sand and water.

9B569AD2-8114-421F-8932-208458FF1FE0.jpeg

B590F298-E1BC-4A6C-A8F4-CE40F5B0773F.jpeg

Unfortunately, the Ecotech mounting arm does not exactly fit at the return end. The arm mount is sitting on the return bar.
92200F72-3014-45E8-9E14-88CF429A08DE.jpeg

Things seem secure so I’m going to go with it for now. I may hang the lights later. Keeping light at 10% while I fast cycle using Fritz nitrifying bacteria.

looking great bud! I would just return the light and mount from the ceiling if you can.
also I would not run the light at all during the cycle.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back