Waterbox 7225 Chicago SPS Reef

Heres an update with some more to report on the coral front.

Acros are picking up steam and I’m thankful that I got a calcium reactor setup.

slowly but increasingly the tank is becoming less of frag land.

here’s a video walkthrough of the peninsula from one side to the other:
 
BC space laser up top, BC Adam bomb down below. Sprinkle in some hallucination zoas
3D514C8E-2CCB-41F6-8EA2-F0F35276B582.jpeg

BC rainbow brite:
EBAF181B-1817-416F-9321-3485E6947A31.jpeg


CC kombucha starting to pick up:
1DBFE555-ADE4-4592-8BAA-50FFD9B530DA.jpeg


From left to right
CRT peachy delight, tranquil millepora, Tyree superman tenuis, RR Taiwan mille, nice purple blasto, WWC heartbreaker, WWC Gatorade
E629BE5A-3765-4C0C-B016-27C4E18E1FDE.jpeg


WWC somewhere over the rainbow mille
4D9B361F-F73F-430C-A465-6F6880CCCD75.jpeg


nice ledge forming :)
3217222B-3F28-4F2A-819C-E32DEDB9049D.jpeg
 
That is a spectacular tank in every regard. Well done!

Besides the 2 vortecs I see on the left side, what else you got running for flow.

A totally inspiring reef you have going there. I needed to see something like that these days as I rip apart my reef for a new aquascape.
 
Thank you so much Scott!

It took many different sessions to get the aquascaping where I wanted it. Peninsulas are so tough because it needs to look good three different angles vs 1.

For flow I kept all pumps on the back end. 2 Mp40s per side. Total of 4. I have a gyre too I’m trying to figure out how to use to disrupt return flow.

what tank shape and gallons is yours?? Good luck on the resca
 
I would love a peninsula but a large enough one does not work in my current floor plan. My display is Red Sea reefer 525 (139G). It has been up about 4 years now and is completely overgrown. Plus, I started with too much rock and stacked too high. I have 2 gyres and 2 MP40s but still cannot get good flow in the middle. SPS warfare everywhere. Corals growing out of the water. Cannot clean front glass anymore. I am about a 1/3rd through the rip; going slow so as not to shock the system too much. A couple pics: one is FTS after initial rip. Second is the right middle section; you can see it is getting tight.

IMG-4372.JPG Right side.JPG
 
White rose saramentosa and then RMF red halo mille. Super bright in person, red halo are fat branches.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new