Waterbox 7225 peninsula lid ideas

Solasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. What are some ideas for a waterbox 7225 peninsula lid that doesn't break the bank? I have the red sea lid, but it is starting to sag in the tank (please also let me know if that mesh is aquarium safe). If I just bought a 72 x 24 inch piece of polycarbonate and rested it on the glass, would that work? Thanks for any ideas.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t help with the specific question but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some attention

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could it work better if you had several panels instead of a large single panel ?

I imagine that'd create more rigidity for you and means the mesh isn't stretched out across such a large tank..

eclaxton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about making one out of glass for my new Infinia 7225 but I just ordered a Top Lids custom lid today!

Top_Lids

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Solasis! If you want a temporary solution, just a piece of polycarbonate will work. But you will have some downsides on it that you have to consider like less or non gas exchanging, salt creep, the heat and some others things. As you mention the Red Sea, they also are good for a little while, but you have to redo them nearly every year. If you want to get a quote of our solution, I could help you with it. As you said, custom lids they can look expensive when you compare with DIY and glass lids, but after having them for 3,4,5 years with no concerns, you will see that they can be cheaper than DIY lids. Let me know if you need any other help. Thank you and @eclaxton for mention us here.

Top_Lids

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. What are some ideas for a waterbox 7225 peninsula lid that doesn't break the bank? I have the red sea lid, but it is starting to sag in the tank (please also let me know if that mesh is aquarium safe). If I just bought a 72 x 24 inch piece of polycarbonate and rested it on the glass, would that work? Thanks for any ideas.
Hey @Solasis Just a heads up that we are releasing some standard lids in early January that will be significantly more economical than custom lids. Here's some pics for your Waterbox Peninsula 7225

Attachments

• Peninsula Tank 4.jpeg
    Peninsula Tank 4.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Peninsula Tank 3.jpeg
    Peninsula Tank 3.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Peninsula Tank 2.jpeg
    Peninsula Tank 2.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Peninsula Tank 1.jpeg
    Peninsula Tank 1.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 50

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back