Waterbox Aquariums

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have experience (positive or negative) about this company?

I see they are coming out with a Platinum Series line of aquariums and I was looking for any additional information. They will have four sizes (25.1G, 50.1G, 75.3G, & 100.4G).

Looks very similar to the Red Sea Reefer. Is the quality as good as Red Sea?

Thanks!

Waterbox++Leaflet_01 (Large).jpg

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Reefer XL425 now and was going to swap one of my smaller tanks for a Reefer 250. Saw the press release about these yesterday and now I might have to consider one. Their 36" tank is 74 gallons with a 27 gallon sump and 4.7 gallon ATO. The Reefer 250 is 54/11/2.1. Be interested to see the pricing and then I can decide.

OP
OP
Scubafrog

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe Global Pet Expo begins today. Hopefully we will find out more information soon. Deepwater Global Distribution posted some booth pictures on their Facebook page that shows a couple aquariums.

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems Red Sea has a potentially strong competitor so that's good for consumers. I am on the brink of pulling the trigger on the reefer 170. Waterbox Aquarium just gave me a good reason to be patience.

At a quick glance, size, price and quality seems comparable. For the two small aquariums I did looked at, I noticed Waterbox has smaller display tank than RS. Waterbox has a larger sump (seems they used most of the available space under the tank. The included ATO seems a plus. The dual outlets also seems a plus instead of one outlet. The ball valve look for water drain may be challenging as minor control may be limited instead of something like gate valve.

I am looking forward to see how this pan out ... heck may even get one ;). Seems only white is first to be available.

OP
OP
Scubafrog

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I have only seen white advertised but their email says it will be available in white and black.

Capture+_2017-04-09-13-09-05.png

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw something about these a couple weeks ago and definitely looks interesting.
Especially with red sea deciding to drill holes in all the tanks for the light mounts used on the deluxe version.
Think if I had to choose between the two, and red sea had plugged holes on the back wall... Well I'd give waterbox a shot.

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case you may be interested. I contacted SaltwaterAquarium. Got a prompt customer response back with the following:

"No waterbox tanks are shipping yet. We are planning end of April to be shipping White, middle May to be shipping Black. We are hoping to have preorders setup soon so we can hold tanks for customers who are interested."

I am interested in black and so will have to weigh the options from now till mid-May :confused:.....:)

Tyler D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone pull the trigger on one of these? I'm eyeing the AIO 30 shallow model...

cpvince

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass overflow!! I'm really liking that. I hope that they'll come with decent plumbing too. A lot of similarly priced systems seem to have sub-par plumbing components.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stopped in a reef shop in Kansas City, KS a few weeks ago, place called the Reef Rack. They had a couple of these Waterbox setups, one approx 60 gallons, in the process of being plumbed and set up.

Seemed like good quality. Edge polish and corner finish was very good. Had a glass sump, seemed well planned. Stand was fairly typical, some sort of laminate over wood, couldn't tell if it was pressed wood, ply, solid... seemed fairly sturdy, anyway. I'd say it was on par with the Red Sea setups I've seen. Sump pretty much filled the cabinet... good, if you want max sump space... not so good, if you want someplace to put electronic components.

Tyler D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. The Reef Rack is in my backyard and Matt is the one I spoke with over there. Super friendly LFS owner [emoji1303] im looking into getting the tank only since it's the AIO version I'll just build my own stand. Definitely caught my eye... these are nice setups.

Fire54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Black 135.4 with the loop system. Loop stuff came Thursday, Tank is scheduled to be delivered Monday morning (I am stuck at work all weekend). Looking forward to seeing it in person, haven't found any at any LFS to take a look at. I debated between Waterbox and Red Sea and Waterbox looked a little nicer and I liked the size of the 135.4. I will post some you tube videos once it comes so others can check it out. I noticed there weren't many out there.

g5flier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on the fence, I have a Red Sea 525 mixed reef and want a SPS system, love the "cube" look. Was going to go with the Red Sea 170 until I saw the Waterbox 75.2. Any one have one and can share some comments?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on the fence, I have a Red Sea 525 mixed reef and want a SPS system, love the "cube" look. Was going to go with the Red Sea 170 until I saw the Waterbox 75.2. Any one have one and can share some comments?
@120reefkeeper

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 62 75.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back