Waterbox Aquariums

jsbzcmcdaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys - I am new to the forum and happy to be here. I tried to post my experience with Waterbox Aquariums in the vendor review section but I am still a noob here so it won't let me.

Anyway - As I posted in my build thread I am coming back into the hobby after a 5+ year hiatus. I started researching tank builders for my new build. My last tank was a ReefSavy 120 which I really liked. I looked at RedSea, Miracles, ReefSavy, Glass Cages, and a few others until I came across a build thread for a Waterbox 130.4. I did a little more research and spoke to a few of the builders but decided to move forward with Waterbox Aquariums. I spoke to several customer service reps prior to me ordering and discussed their tank builds and a little about their business. Every time I called I spoke to someone live and they made me feel like family. The entire ordering process was seamless and overall a great experience. I am currently waiting for my tank so once its received I will continue to update my build thread. Just wanted to post my positive experience so far with Waterbox Aquariums.

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own the waterbox 130.4 and love it..i called their customer service when i received my tank in September to ask a few questions on the build and they answered the phone and gave me all the info i needed....i agree with your statement.Problem i have now is i want Bigger!!!!

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you order through WaterBox or another company? I am seriously considering the 230.6 and wanted to get it through BRS to get the reward points, but they are never in stock and now they took the WaterBox button off the site completely. I guess I can order through WaterBox, but I really wanted the rewards.

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered thru brs and they were great. I wanted to do the same and get the reward points which lead me to buy more equipment. Another company I would go thru and get reward points is saltwater aquarium, I have ordered thru them also and they are great to deal with. You might want to check them out.. right now waterbox has a nice deal where you get a skimmer thrown in..

Manny Tavan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long did it take from the order date to the shipment date? I ordered the 190.5 but it's still showing as "in process"

Marco S

Always Learning
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long did it take from the order date to the shipment date? I ordered the 190.5 but it's still showing as "in process"

WaterBox used to tell you if it was in stock or not on the site, but I'm not seeing that anymore with the updates to the site. I do see that the 190.5 and the 230.6 are showing as "Not in stock" on a few other sites so i am assuming they are not in stock. I know that BRS stopped selling WaterBox because they cannot seem to make enough and keep them in stock and they are taking forever to ship so it may be a while. Have you called WaterBox to get an estimate?

OP
OP
jsbzcmcdaniel

jsbzcmcdaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Manny - It was roughly 5 weeks from the date of order. I'm waiting on the truck to deliver it today.

Manny Tavan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contacted waterbox last week. Got the usual "it takes 7-10 days to process". Well it's been two weeks and it's still "processing"

PookieGV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will chime in to say that i had an excellent experience with their customer service. I had an issue with my stand, and they really went out of their way to make sure that i was happy.

Manny Tavan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three weeks ago i was told it’s gonna be 7-10 day processing, a week passed and I was told cabinets are not gonna be in stock so it’s gonna be another week, this week i’m told there’s too many orders to fill so it’s gonna another week. Basically every week they told me it’s gonna be another week. I wonder what next week’s excuse is going to be...i’m canceling my order next week if it’s not shipping out

cloggins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three weeks ago i was told it’s gonna be 7-10 day processing, a week passed and I was told cabinets are not gonna be in stock so it’s gonna be another week, this week i’m told there’s too many orders to fill so it’s gonna another week. Basically every week they told me it’s gonna be another week. I wonder what next week’s excuse is going to be...i’m canceling my order next week if it’s not shipping out
It's been a week since your post. Have you heard anything?

Manny Tavan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank showed up around 12/20 with damages to the stand. they sent me a replacement panel which was again damaged. Sent me another replaced which was again damaged. At this point I’m waiting to hear back. Sent them an email last thursday but they are not responding anymore...

Tank is still in the box so no idea how good it is

Blackice615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been reading a lot of negative things about waterbox over the past months unfortunately

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Growth is a hard thing to calculate in a start up. Just think how quick they are compared to Reef Savvy.

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been reading a lot of negative things about waterbox over the past months unfortunately

It’s funny just last week there was a tread on here with lots of posts complaing about Red Sea, overall ever manufacture is going to have complaints..

reelredfisah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered 2 10G cubes from them to setup as a two tank QT. One arrived fine the other is in a 1000 pieces. Had to clean glass up from my floors so kids did not step on it.

Have sent emails and pictures and did the same on facebook. Still not a single reply. I am going out on a limb here but thinking customer service might be out the window at this point. Stop posting all these videos trying to sale your product if your not taking care of the customers you have.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back