• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Waterbox Cube 10 QC

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A recent Waterbox 10 purchase has me a bit concerned over the quality control at Waterbox. After much anticipation, I received my new tank yesterday just before lunch time. I had taken the day off, made up fresh RODI, mixed up my saltwater, had some live and new rock scaped and was all ready to set up until I started closely examining the new tank. I first noticed a small silicone inconsistency on one of the seams so I looked closer and then noticed a long scuff along the front edge of the left panel. It looks to me like a polisher or grinder got a bit out of control. You can see in the pic below where the thin black silicone line widens at the top and the scuff that narrows as it descends down the edge of the glass.
Waterbox10 glass damage2.jpg

I continued my examination of the tank and was a bit surprised when I arrived at the sump area. Along the bottom, some walls received silicone, others did not. Several received silicone half way, then stopped.

Waterbox10sump 3.jpg
Waterbox10sump1.jpg
Waterbox10sump4.jpg

Lastly and least minor, but still very visible and surprising it was not caught, was this small spot of excess silicone on right side front edge:

Waterbox10 excess silicone.jpg

There is nothing quite like the disappointment of getting a highly anticipated new toy and finding out it's broken.

I emailed Waterbox and received a prompt response that they are sorry, will let their QC team know, will send me a replacement tank and to make sure I dispose of this one. That's awesome, but I also wasted a day off and have water, rocks and livestock in temporary holding containers and don't know when the replacement is coming. My original order took 8 days to receive from when I ordered it and Coronavirus has changed things quite a bit since then. I emailed back asking if I could get an approximation of when I would receive the replacement and if I could get some sort of compensation for the disappointment and inconvenience and they responded by providing me a tracking number and the promise of a couple extra filter socks. I'm upgrading to an Intank media basket so won't be using the filter socks, unfortunately. I checked the tracking # and UPS has no record of it. Hopefully it's just too soon, but I thought at least it would say UPS is awaiting drop off of the package.

Anywho, I'm happy with the responsiveness of Waterbox but remain a bit disappointed with the quality control and having to ask for a little something to make up for the poor experience. I'm hoping the replacement arrives in the condition I expect from all the other great reviews of this company and it's beautiful tanks.

OP
OP
Cell

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tracking info was updated, replacement tank to be delivered Monday the 23rd. Expedited shipping would have been nice, I would have paid for it had it been offered. Waterbox should consider that option, at least on smaller tanks using conventional shippers like UPS.

OP
OP
Cell

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my replacement Cube 10 yesterday and it was an open box item that looks like it had been previously returned. No shrink wrap on the glass, seal broken on pump box, loose nozzles without packaging...unbelievable. is this standard protocol @EmilyXLC? I thought I was purchasing a brand new tank, not an open box returned tank.

I will say it was in better condition than the first one, it actually was siliconed properly, however, I'm doing bare bottom so I'm not thrilled with the glue job on the self leveling mat that left a large visible air bubble in the middle. I put some water in to see if it would press it down, but it did not help.

Oh and what I assume was the extra filter socks promised arrived in a plastic bag that had been ripped open and only an empty envelope that said "Cube 10" on it remained. So whatever. Probably not Waterboxs fault, but just another annoying thing to deal with.

Needless to say I'm pretty disappointed in Waterbox quality control at the moment and will take this experience into account when purchasing a large tank.

20200323_162038.jpg

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, very sorry for the late reply on this things have been a little crazy lately. Sorry to hear that you had an issue with your Cube 10. Please send us an email to [email protected] and we would be happy to help :)

ELL23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my replacement Cube 10 yesterday and it was an open box item that looks like it had been previously returned. No shrink wrap on the glass, seal broken on pump box, loose nozzles without packaging...unbelievable. is this standard protocol @EmilyXLC? I thought I was purchasing a brand new tank, not an open box returned tank.

I will say it was in better condition than the first one, it actually was siliconed properly, however, I'm doing bare bottom so I'm not thrilled with the glue job on the self leveling mat that left a large visible air bubble in the middle. I put some water in to see if it would press it down, but it did not help.

Oh and what I assume was the extra filter socks promised arrived in a plastic bag that had been ripped open and only an empty envelope that said "Cube 10" on it remained. So whatever. Probably not Waterboxs fault, but just another annoying thing to deal with.

Needless to say I'm pretty disappointed in Waterbox quality control at the moment and will take this experience into account when purchasing a large tank.

20200323_162038.jpg
I received my wb 60.2 with the same glue job on the self leveling mat that left a large visible air bubble in the middle. Very disappointed as well.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back