Waterbox cube 20 return pump

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The smaller SICCE pumps are amazing. I have a 1.0 (i think) that fits perfectly in my IM 25.

Haacheew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Waterbox 20. I tried the Syncra Silient 1.0 with 251 gph that has a great flow for the Waterbox but it is still a bit noisy during night time. (my tank is in my studio/bedroom).

I am currently using the Micra Plus 158gph. Flow is a lot less than 1.0 but its DEAD silient.

IMG_0376.JPG

wncnewbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Waterbox 20. I tried the Syncra Silient 1.0 with 251 gph that has a great flow for the Waterbox but it is still a bit noisy during night time. (my tank is in my studio/bedroom).

I am currently using the Micra Plus 158gph. Flow is a lot less than 1.0 but its DEAD silient.

IMG_0376.JPG
The Micro has enough flow with the addition of a powerhead? I was just now about to get the 1.0 until I saw your post. If that one is quieter I’d like to get it.

Haacheew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Micro has enough flow with the addition of a powerhead? I was just now about to get the 1.0 until I saw your post. If that one is quieter I’d like to get it.
I had 3 powerheads (MP10, AI Nero 3, and Hygger Mini) in my Waterbox 20. Water movement was not a concern. In addition, I had a skimmer to enhance water cleaning, so the Micra Plus as a return pump was enough.

If lower noise is what you are looking for, Micra Plus would be just OK. Like I mentioned before, Sycra Silent 1.0 was mcuh noisier than the Micra Plus.

Alternately, try to get a DC pump that fits in your tank and your budget. I am using Hygger HG-915 (DC-24V) for my current tank - the Fiji Cube 32 gallon AIO tank. This pump is "DEAD SILENT"!! In my 25 years reefing experience, I had used over 2 dozens of water pumps, water pump noise is the most disturbing issue for me. This could be all due to my living environment. Have been using tte HG-915 for 8 months, not a single issue or any noise; as if it were not there. SO HAPPY! Anyway, I can not recommend high enough for this pump.

Let's say, if I had the budget to upgrade for one and only one equipment, lower noise water pump would be the one - not lighting, not skimmer, and no others.

Last edited:

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im using the inovative marine mightyjet. Its the smallest one. Works great in my pen 25.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just curious, how's the noise of Mightyjet? Especially, compare with Sicce pumps if you have any experience with them.
I ran a sicce 1.5 or 1.0 on my first tank. I wasnt impressed with its performance. I like the mightyjet way better. As far as noise goes DC pumps seem quieter to me. Highly recommend the mighty jet!

tinyfellows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, how's the noise of Mightyjet? Especially, compare with Sicce pumps if you have any experience with them.
I haven’t had a sicce as it’s my first tank but it’s totally silent and I think I am sensitive to tank noise I have replaced a couple skimmers to get a silent one

liamelias

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got one and it is too big.. I’m so bummed out, i love the wifi feature and feed mode. I can’t see to find something like without an apex

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back