Waterbox Frags Discontinued... Crushed

PelzerC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been saving up for the past 6 months for a Waterbox 80.4 Frag Plus edition and when I went to their site today, I saw they were no longer listed. I contacted their customer service department and they said that the line is being discontinued and that, as of right now, don't have any plans to bring it back or replace it with similar series. I am absolutely crushed right now.

Does anyone know of any similar tanks on the market or any other retailers that might still have one for sale?

CheckeredPants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LiveAquaria has the 45.2 still listed on their site. They also have a promotion where you’ll get $200 in store credit with purchase for that particular tank.

OP
OP
P

PelzerC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LiveAquaria has the 45.2 still listed on their site. They also have a promotion where you’ll get $200 in store credit with purchase for that particular tank.
Yeah, the 45.2 is the only one still left in stock at Waterbox too. Sounds like they are trying to push the last of the stock. I really liked the length of the 80.4 though and am really hoping something similar comes along.

CheckeredPants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck in your search! Local to me is Frags2Fishes who I know sells WaterBox. They might be worth adding to your list of vendors to check with.

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get two 45.2 and have it sit together to make it 80.4
Does anyone know any dealer have them in stock in the nation?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might be a touch bit more expensive but you could roll with a custom tank the same size???

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guy has 3 available on AU eBay. Looks like he will ship to the us.

Not sure if it’s the right one. Says platinum not plus.

This one looks promising and in the us

Hope one of these works out for you! I know the feeling all too well!

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PelzerC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck in your search! Local to me is Frags2Fishes who I know sells WaterBox. They might be worth adding to your list of vendors to check with.
Thank you so much for the Frags2Fishes recommendation! I called and verified with them last week that they are still selling the Frag 80.4 Plus in white and I placed my order last night!

CheckeredPants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for the Frags2Fishes recommendation! I called and verified with them last week that they are still selling the Frag 80.4 Plus in white and I placed my order last night!

Awesome! I’m stoked you found the tank you wanted!!! John, at Frags2Fishes, is a great guy and I’m glad he was able to help you out.

Let the Build Thread commence!!!

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you found something but with that said, it's a typical 60g frag tank. I prefer the 80g (same footprint but 4" taller); both have nice dimensions.

OP
OP
P

PelzerC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you found something but with that said, it's a typical 60g frag tank. I prefer the 80g (same footprint but 4" taller); both have nice dimensions.
Where can you buy one that is 4" taller? Or is that if you went with a custom tank?

OP
OP
P

PelzerC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp, back to the drawing board. I just received an email from Frags2Fishes and when they went to place my order they were told the last few 80.4 frags were sold at the beginning of the week. In the email, I was told that they are going to be replaced with something else, I just don't know what yet. Hopefully it will be something similar and it will all work out.

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I felt the same way when deep blue stopped making their frag tanks too. I loved their 60 and 80 gallon tanks.

nuke 208

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been stuck between the waterbox 80 frag and the inovative marine 100 it's just 20" tall instead of 16 (I would preffer 16) but the IM 100 has coast to coast overflow

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back