Waterbox Inifinia from BRS

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting quotes from BRS after ordering my tank from them on Friday. My local shop is claiming that BRS is lying to me about the tank being available in the next 3 weeks and that I will be waiting about 8-10 to actually get the tanks. Who do you guys think is right? I have spoken to the Rep at BRS twice now and both times she assured me that the stock was accurate and that BRS has an allocation of tanks with waterbox, but my LFS has me alittle worried since they also sell waterbox...

Any thoughts?

P.S. I bought the waterbox 165.4 Infiinia, in case anyone else is getting one!

OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think that BRS would have a bit more ability to get a guaranteed stock than some LFS..
Thats my thought. He just has me a-little scared thats all. 3 weeks vs possibly 3 and a half months is way huge of a gap

scwahoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought the infinia 165.4 from Saltwater. I talked with waterbox to make sure they where in stock. I received mine last Thursday. If you look on WB site and it says ships in 3-5 days they are in stock. I will try a build thread when I start swapping my tanks out. Good luck

OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought the infinia 165.4 from Saltwater. I talked with waterbox to make sure they where in stock. I received mine last Thursday. If you look on WB site and it says ships in 3-5 days they are in stock. I will try a build thread when I start swapping my tanks out. Good luck
I guess we will have to see how it goes. The site did have them in stock, then they all magically went out of stock so who knows. BRS claims they have some set aside at waterbox themselves and can fulfill orders in the allotted time window, so I guess we will see who is right.

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The manufacturer (waterbox) has always had that same promise of 3-4wks. Most of us that ordered about a year ago waited 8-12wks. I wouldn't be surprised to find waterbox leading on the folks at brs like 5hey were doing to all of us customers. It won't be brs fault if it does not arrive in time due to the manufacturer either.

OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The manufacturer (waterbox) has always had that same promise of 3-4wks. Most of us that ordered about a year ago waited 8-12wks. I wouldn't be surprised to find waterbox leading on the folks at brs like 5hey were doing to all of us customers. It won't be brs fault if it does not arrive in time due to the manufacturer either.
That stinks to hear. Hoping its not the case, I asked BRS twice on two separate calls and they claimed the rep said they are set aside and would be able to be out in the 3 week quoted window. Even the waterbox website says something about 4-6 weeks. I cant imagine waiting 12 weeks, would honestly contact my bank for a refund by that point.

bmkid1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same situation, I bought during black friday (so i understood there could be a delay) but was still quoted for for 3 week delivary. Didnt receive the tank til 2 months later and also a failed delivery due to them sending out a wrong truck. I still love the tank but was a bit tough to receive it!

OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same situation, I bought during black friday (so i understood there could be a delay) but was still quoted for for 3 week delivary. Didnt receive the tank til 2 months later and also a failed delivery due to them sending out a wrong truck. I still love the tank but was a bit tough to receive it!
Oh no! You're making me worried now. Hoping to hear differently. They claim different, I am hoping they are correct

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! You're making me worried now. Hoping to hear differently. They claim different, I am hoping they are correct
Yeah you will want to call fed ex freight location when they send it. Make sure they send a truck with a lift gate. They told me they wouldn't do that because I'm in a rural area of Northern Michigan so I had to drive an hour to the freight location. They couldn't even load the pallet into my vehicle bc they didn't have a ramp to get it out of the building with all the loading docks. They had to drop it down on the ground in front of a loading dock and I had to disassemble and hand load into my vehicle (I drive a ram promaster so no dropping into a pickup at the dock). It was all a massive headache ontop of dealing with waterbox giving me the run around for so long. I love my tank but the experience turned me off buying from waterbox again.

OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah you will want to call fed ex freight location when they send it. Make sure they send a truck with a lift gate. They told me they wouldn't do that because I'm in a rural area of Northern Michigan so I had to drive an hour to the freight location. They couldn't even load the pallet into my vehicle bc they didn't have a ramp to get it out of the building with all the loading docks. They had to drop it down on the ground in front of a loading dock and I had to disassemble and hand load into my vehicle (I drive a ram promaster so no dropping into a pickup at the dock). It was all a massive headache ontop of dealing with waterbox giving me the run around for so long. I love my tank but the experience turned me off buying from waterbox again.
I was told from LFS and BRS that they will be using another shipping company to drop ship it at my house? I was thinking that FEDEX was out of the question, so I will keep that in mind. You guys are really scaring me... I ordered a 300gallon tank from PlanetAqauriums and it was simple as pie. Took 6 weeks to make and deliver a 900lb rimless tank with 3/4 starphire glass and the UPS depot loaded it into my truck. I dont have a truck anymore so I am wondering if my outback could hold it if I got screwed and they wont drop it at my house.

scwahoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week mine came in on fedex with lift gate no problems but my fedex has experience with waterbox. If you ordered while they where still showing instock you should be ok but I don’t think they have any held for BRS just my thoughts. Hope it works out tank looks really nice and stand is solid. One other thing they do not have lids as advertised

OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, looks like everyone was wrong! Including me! Got confirmation yesterday around 1 the tank was shipped, got an email from Fedex and the tank will be here on monday! BRS DOES have an allotment over other retailers since they just took them back on. The rep at BRS was more than correct!

OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week mine came in on fedex with lift gate no problems but my fedex has experience with waterbox. If you ordered while they where still showing instock you should be ok but I don’t think they have any held for BRS just my thoughts. Hope it works out tank looks really nice and stand is solid. One other thing they do not have lids as advertised
Did you get an infinia? It really did not come with any nets at all?

OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you attempt to call them to get them to ship it to you? It is advertised with it that would be weird not to get it

OP
OP
sternicus

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nevermind, i just read it says **Screen Lid pictured in photos NOT included**.

Kind of annoying since the first 4 pictures show it...

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 36 42.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 42 50.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back