Waterbox lead time

Detroit_aqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you who own one of the larger 6ft waterboxes (230 or 220)....how long did it acutally take from order to delivery? I recently ordered the 220.6 and am wondering if the 6-8 week lead time on their site is accurate. Thanks!

Rob Boise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are not alone. This has actually been one of the worst experiences I have had with an online retailer. They are so backordered that they are only allowing two or three of their actual shipments to backordered customers. I have been waiting 8 weeks plus. I have it straight from the sales reps mouth, and yet they continue to advertise them. I am actually in a supply chain role in my profession. I have access to all freight and container information. I can see when their containers are arriving from China and when they are unloaded. My guess is, if you get lucky it will be in January. Did you buy from a dealer or direct online?

OP
OP
Detroit_aqua

Detroit_aqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are not alone. This has actually been one of the worst experiences I have had with an online retailer. They are so backordered that they are only allowing two or three of their actual shipments to backordered customers. I have been waiting 8 weeks plus. I have it straight from the sales reps mouth, and yet they continue to advertise them. I am actually in a supply chain role in my profession. I have access to all freight and container information. I can see when their containers are arriving from China and when they are unloaded. My guess is, if you get lucky it will be in January. Did you buy from a dealer or direct online?
Direct from waterbox. Last I talked to their customer service they said they are starting to get shipments every 2 weeks instead of every 4. Idk if thats actually true or if it has any impact to delivery...but yeah 8 weeks doesnt seem awful as long as its not more lol

Garee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Direct from waterbox. Last I talked to their customer service they said they are starting to get shipments every 2 weeks instead of every 4. Idk if thats actually true or if it has any impact to delivery...but yeah 8 weeks doesnt seem awful as long as its not more lol

Couple weeks ago i was told they receive shipments every week. Shrug...

i_am_mclovin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting this. I was set on a Red Sea reefer but then saw waterbox and seemed like a great option. Was about to order but did some research this week and unfortunately looks like they can’t keep up with demand and wait times are 2-3+ months right now. Back to my Red Sea plans!

OP
OP
Detroit_aqua

Detroit_aqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke with them last week. They said their next shipment of 220s wont come in until January. They couldn't give me a date in January or even guarantee I would get mine in that shipment. Unlucky

feloracing26

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks ... I ordered mines in Nov.2019 and just got mines delivered yesterday 1/10/2019 so in total it was about 10 weeks or so. I hope you got guys got yours as well soon!

Any updates from everyone ?

P.S> I was going to get a RS but I was worried about their seal issues.
If anything i missed out on their 900XXL deal but way to expensive for my blood - LOL!
WB had a good deal on their 220.6 so I took the plunge and just had to deal with their delayed delivery. This hobby is not a Sprint, is a Maratho.. so guys be patient and I hope you get your WB tanks soon.

cheers

i_am_mclovin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up getting one of the new proclear systems from live aquaria. Delivered in less than 2 weeks. Way less expensive and seems just as good as any Red Sea system I’ve had. If not better, because of the aluminum stand.

feloracing26

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up getting one of the new proclear systems from live aquaria. Delivered in less than 2 weeks. Way less expensive and seems just as good as any Red Sea system I’ve had. If not better, because of the aluminum stand.

Post some pictures ... it would be nice to see it !

Cheer :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back