Waterbox Marine X 60.2 Experiences?

mckennamichael407

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2025
Messages
79
Reaction score
51
Location
Annapolis
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am sure many of you watch or watched the waterbox live session last night, but regardless I won the First of the year of the reef giveaway for the $2k and I am struggling on making a decision on what to get. I don't have much space in my apartment but I want to give my 20 gallon set-up an upgrade. What is scarying me right now is the Marine X 60.2 I can get a sump but the reviews regarding the stand are horrible and wanted to see if anyone on here that has one would be willing to share their experience thus far. I have 3 Maine Coons so stability is a must and I rather get another AIO and a seperate stand if there is any chance that my 30LB cat bumps into the stand and it collapsing. I hope everyone has a good day and I am looking forward to the replies.
 
I had the 60.2 set up for 6-8 months. Great tank. I had no issues with stand. It seemed pretty stable to me. Also, with a sump you've got extra weight holding it down. With an AIO all the weight is on top.
 
I had the 60.2 set up for 6-8 months. Great tank. I had no issues with stand. It seemed pretty stable to me. Also, with a sump you've got extra weight holding it down. With an AIO all the weight is on top.


Thank you for confirming that. Got in my head reading the reviews on their site and its probably just more so user error with putting them together. Did you have a roller in the sump or just used the sock that came with it?
 
I had the 60.2 set up for 6-8 months. Great tank. I had no issues with stand. It seemed pretty stable to me. Also, with a sump you've got extra weight holding it down. With an AIO all the weight is on top.


Thank you for confirming that. Got in my head reading the reviews on their site and its probably just more so user error with putting them together. Did you have a roller in the sump or just used the sock that came with it?


Also, did you have the x with tge sound dampening sump or the standard sump that comes with thr 60.2?
 
I had the X. I don't remember anything about a sound dampening sump unless that's what the black mat under it was. For a while I had a KLIR 4 in the sock chamber. Since the chamber is in the back corner it was cumbersome trying to get it in and out for cleaning and changing the roll so I ended up just using socks.
 
Ok. I just went and looked its the EX that has the dound dampening sump chamber
20250403_195310.jpg
but it also looks like they have redesigned it since tou had it and moved the socks to the front left corner.
 
Ok. I just went and looked its the EX that has the dound dampening sump chamber
20250403_195310.jpg
but it also looks like they have redesigned it since tou had it and moved the socks to the front left corner.


But it only comes with the sound dampening sump difference for an additional $500 and was thinking about forgoing that and just using the remaining amount to get a pump and wave maker and ato
 
Thank you for confirming that. Got in my head reading the reviews on their site and its probably just more so user error with putting them together. Did you have a roller in the sump or just used the sock that came with it?
I also suspect user error. I have a much larger wb and love it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new