waterbox marine x 90.3 question

drose21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all, just got my cube 20 xfered to my new 90.3 dx. wondering where (if any) can i place more biomedia i have such as carbon, bio balls and filter sponge as i dont see any designated spots. i placed a bag of carbon above filter sock area and put my old live rock in skimmer area. are the 2 socks enough filtration?

Thanks for any advise!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all, just got my cube 20 xfered to my new 90.3 dx. wondering where (if any) can i place more biomedia i have such as carbon, bio balls and filter sponge as i dont see any designated spots. i placed a bag of carbon above filter sock area and put my old live rock in skimmer area. are the 2 socks enough filtration?

Thanks for any advise!
I would probably place your carbon after the initial filter sock filtration (ie: under the filter socks along the bottom) - just so it doesn't clog up as quickly. Yes, the two socks should be enough filtration for average stocking. You'll probably want to invest in a few spare filter socks so you can swap-in clean ones every 3-5 days or as needed. Then you can launder them every few weeks in a batch to cut down on your maintenance.

OP
OP
D

drose21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably place your carbon after the initial filter sock filtration (ie: under the filter socks along the bottom) - just so it doesn't clog up as quickly. Yes, the two socks should be enough filtration for average stocking. You'll probably want to invest in a few spare filter socks so you can swap-in clean ones every 3-5 days or as needed. Then you can launder them every few weeks in a batch to cut down on your maintenance.
Thank you!

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for any advise!
Hello kind sir!

I ordered the water box 90.3 standard and also purchased the fiji cube 20 sump for it. the DX has a ATO resivoir for some reason when that real estate can be used for a refugium or a media chamber. i have researched this to the worlds end lol. the only tank that has anything worth the DX is the reef 100.3 because it has all the room in the world for customization. I'm sure you have the tank now. if you could post pictures of the sump id like to see how it is

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 74 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back