Waterbox peninsula mini 25 new build!

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have recently moved interstate and ended up having to sell my Waterbox Frag 145. Decided this tank I'm going for a nano size as couldn't be bothered with the hassle of a large tank.

Overall I love the size of it as I plan to do a clown/nem tank with a few more interesting inverts added.

I'm currently planning the equipment That I want to add but definitely going to try keep it simple. i already have a hydra 32hd from my previous tank so will be using that as lighting.

For those with a mini 25, what other equipment are you using? Such as heater size, ATO and wavemakers. Probably wont get a skimmer on this and will just rely on waterchanges.

Thinking of possibly changing the cabinet colour also as I'm not keen on the black, but only
colour they had.

20230214_184545.jpg

OP
OP
Kial

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting on my rock, sand and Rodi unit to arrive (hopefully within the next few days).

My Inkbird arrived today, the last one i had was the wifi version but didn't realise the one I purchased this time, doesn't have the function. Have the heating and cooling one so will be looking to set it up with fan/heater combo. chiller is out the question for now.

Also received my jebao slw-10. I've had the 30s in the past and really liked them.

I'm thinking of having the wavemaker on the back, so the magnet will be in the back chamber underwater. Am I going to run into issues with this?

Will hopefully post more photos this weekend if the rock etc arrives.

marcinpolak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting on my rock, sand and Rodi unit to arrive (hopefully within the next few days).

My Inkbird arrived today, the last one i had was the wifi version but didn't realise the one I purchased this time, doesn't have the function. Have the heating and cooling one so will be looking to set it up with fan/heater combo. chiller is out the question for now.

Also received my jebao slw-10. I've had the 30s in the past and really liked them.

I'm thinking of having the wavemaker on the back, so the magnet will be in the back chamber underwater. Am I going to run into issues with this?

Will hopefully post more photos this weekend if the rock etc arrives.
I’m doing the same thing with my magnet, will be underwater. Think it should be fine or put the magnet in a ziploc bag and put it in like that

OP
OP
Kial

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excuse the blue, don't have a filter just yet...

Got my rock today, ordered online so it was a bit of a gamble of the pieces I'd receive. Only got 5 bits, 3 large ses ans 2 tiny bits.

Here's what I managed to put together.

Sort of not overly happy with it but a little limited with pieces

Attachments

• 20230228_164618.jpg
    20230228_164618.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 70
  • 20230228_164613.jpg
    20230228_164613.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 74

jhadaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same tank. Loved it. Get the random flow generator for the return and pair it with a nero 3. I had a skimmer but it was a pita. 5.5 gallon tank for an ato resevior and the tunze ato. I still use that on my wb 100.3. Chemipure was a good friend too. Every six weeks.

OP
OP
Kial

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same tank. Loved it. Get the random flow generator for the return and pair it with a nero 3. I had a skimmer but it was a pita. 5.5 gallon tank for an ato resevior and the tunze ato. I still use that on my wb 100.3. Chemipure was a good friend too. Every six weeks.

I'll be Getting an ATO soon. Think I'm going to use the same as my last tank as that did a good job.

OP
OP
Kial

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started my cycle today using Dr Tim's. Don't actually have any test kits yet but I'm going off what I did for my last tank.

Plus this time I know exactly how much Water I have in the tank to use the correct dosing.

Still not happy with the rockwork
20230302_191358.jpg

OP
OP
Kial

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cycle is all complete and added 2 clowns today!

Still not sure where to have my wavemaker. Currently sitting under the overflow but I'm thinking that may push stuff away from getting filtered

Attachments

• 20230318_122954.jpg
    20230318_122954.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 82
OP
OP
Kial

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Annoying part about this stand is all the cables at the back . Not made for peninsula style tanks unfortunately!

So far I'm definitely liking this tank. Huge difference to my previous 5ft and I've always had a sump before

jhadaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cycle is all complete and added 2 clowns today!

Still not sure where to have my wavemaker. Currently sitting under the overflow but I'm thinking that may push stuff away from getting filtered
If you use a rfg on the return and put your wave maker on the opposite side of the wall you will get some nice random flow all over the tank.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back